I have LG Vortex :(...
flashrn

I am trying to connect FB and every time, it says server is not responding...I have signed out and in several times, taken out the battery, etc. Can anyone help...this phone is pathetic in so many ways!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have LG Vortex :(...
Sythrix
Contributor - Level 1

Have you tried it in many different places? Does it work with wifi? Were you able to connect in that location before you got this phone? You don't have airplane mode on do you?  Can you connect to the internet just fine?

0 Likes
flashrn

It stopped working when visiting another town and I was on 3G, then came home worked briefly on 3 G and for two days has not worked at all. I do not have WiFi  but will try that when I get to a place with it. Airplane mode is not on. I am connecting to internet fine, getting email etc. When this started I did not have any 3G service for half a day. I have had this phone 18 months and generally have had no problems connecting, but occasionally I would get the message server not responding but then it would work a little later.

0 Likes
Sythrix
Contributor - Level 1

hmm, perhaps something screwed with the phones settings while you were away. If you have any means of backing up your stuff(pictures, videos, apps, contact, etc) you could try doing a factory reset. But if something internal has been compromised by a weakened connection(loose wire, weakened solder, etc), you might just consider getting a new phone. If you have insurance I would definitely play that card. Do you have the latest software for your phone? You could go into settings->about phone- >system update and see if they have any new updates for your phone. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The FB app is mostly garbage, it could just be the app itself.   Go to the Play Store, hit menu>my apps to make sure you don't have an update available then, if that doesn't work, from your homescreen, press menu>applications>manage applications, scroll down to Facebook and select it, then press clear cache and clear data.  You will have to sign back in to Facebook and redo any settings within the app, but hopefully it allows you to connect.

0 Likes
flashrn

Thanks, there was no software update and I have no insurance....bu I cleared the cache and date then  I unsynced FB and then turned the sync back on. signed in again and it worked??? You reply helped me think about what else I could do since the internet was working for email....appreciate the replies.

0 Likes