I have a Galaxy note 4 and cannot connect to wifi at work. Other devices will connect.
madeline_co

I have tried everything even have gotten IT department involved.  Have Comcast at home and at work and home connected with no problem.

It does not recognize password - which I know by memory.  So not sure what to do next.  Ready to take the phone back.  Have looked at Samsung site and haven't had any new ideas.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a Galaxy note 4  and cannot connect to wifi at work.  Other devices will connect.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

madeline.co

This is odd! Let's make sure we get your phone connected to your works wi-fi. Have you ever been able to connect this phone to the wi-fi? Is there any other Note 4 phones having the same issue that you know of? Please try to turn on airplane mode then turn it off and retest.

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I have a Galaxy note 4 and cannot connect to wifi at work. Other devices will connect.
madeline_co

I have tried that no luck. I have been on Samsung live chat twice. I have removed battery and restarted, I have started in safe mode.

I have considered factory reset yet I can't get the Verizon cloud to back up my contacts. I live 3 1/2 hours from the nearest corporate store. The local go wireless - will charge me or be unhelpful.

So - I don't know where to go. IT dept has tried to no luck.

May be bad phone

0 Likes
Re: I have a Galaxy note 4  and cannot connect to wifi at work.  Other devices will connect.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Madeline.co

Oh goodness!  Sorry to hear the phone isn't cooperating.  When was the last time your phone connected to your work's wifi?  What happens when you try to connect to wifi? Does it connect to other wifi networks successfully?

EmmaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I have a Galaxy note 4 and cannot connect to wifi at work. Other devices will connect.
madeline_co

I have had the phone since Saturday and tried to connect on Monday, I have been unable to connect. We have Comcast at work and home, both password protected. had no problem with home connection only work connection. As mentioned I have tried soft reset - would like to do a factory but Verizon cloud isn't backing up my contacts

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Madeline.co

Thank you for responding. A factory reset is a great option to ensure your phone is connecting to wifi.  What happens when you try to back up your contacts? Is this the first time downloading Verizon cloud?

EmmaM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes