I have a couple of questions about my new Devour
Valerie2127
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the BB Storm and although I loved the phone itself especially in the beginning I had a lot of problems with it.  I had to have it fixed several times in the 5 months I had it.  Although I did not like the sales girl at my local store I have spent a little bit of time with the Verizon customer Service 1-800 number and they are awesome.  I decided to get rid of my Blackberry and go with the new motorola Devour and I love this phone.  I just have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me.  I can not seem to get the Motoblur to work the way they say it should.  It will sync my pics, apps, and music as it says it does, but I cant find where it will backup my contacts too.  I have only had the new phone for a few days but if someone could tell me how to get the MotoBlur to work the way it is supposed to I would appreciate it.  Also how can I get my downloaded ringtones to work as a notification ringtone?   Thank you for your help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a couple of questions about my new Devour
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Valerie2127 wrote:

I had the BB Storm and although I loved the phone itself especially in the beginning I had a lot of problems with it.  I had to have it fixed several times in the 5 months I had it.  Although I did not like the sales girl at my local store I have spent a little bit of time with the Verizon customer Service 1-800 number and they are awesome.  I decided to get rid of my Blackberry and go with the new motorola Devour and I love this phone.  I just have a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help me.  I can not seem to get the Motoblur to work the way they say it should.  It will sync my pics, apps, and music as it says it does, but I cant find where it will backup my contacts too.  I have only had the new phone for a few days but if someone could tell me how to get the MotoBlur to work the way it is supposed to I would appreciate it.  Also how can I get my downloaded ringtones to work as a notification ringtone?   Thank you for your help

i believe i answered your ringtone/notification question in the supitsmike sticky but here it is again.

you need to put a folder on your devour sd card titled "notifications" then put the ringtone in that folder.  you should be able to access the ringtone as a notification tone through your settings after that

on the contact thing:

go back to where you purchased your devour and take both phones. ask the salesperson if they can please transfer your contacts from one phone to the other. they usually do it free of charge.

now i am unsure if the blackberries allowed the app "backup assistant", do they? if so you could also do this:

1. Go to Verizon Wireless and log into My Verizon. If you do not already have a My Verizon login and password select the “register” link.

2. On the My Verizon landing page select “My Contacts” from the quick links menu on the right side of the page.

3. Export the .csv file:

a. Select the contacts that you want to export. If you want to export the entire list use "Select All".

b. Select the "Export Contacts" function.

c. Select the option to export contacts in "CV (Outlook)" format.

4. Save the exported .csv file to your computer.

5. Go to mail.google.com and log in. You will need to register for an account if you do not already have one.

6. Select “Contacts” from the menu on the left side of the screen. Once on the contact page select “Import” in the upper right hand corner.

7. Follow system prompts to import your .csv file.

8. Activate your Android device.

9. Sign into your Gmail account on your DROID. Contacts will sync automatically over the air.

0 Likes