I have gotten 2 Red Droid Turbo's and the 1x bDm never changes from -120
clarkjw24

I have gotten 2 Red Droid Turbo's and the 1x bDm signal strength never changes from -120.  What this means is that when I lose 4G Verizon network, it goes to unknown network and will not pick a Verizon network back up until the phone is restarted.  You can not receive any calls during this time.  You can make calls, get text and use data but not receive calls.  I've tried to explain this to the genius at the Verizon store who will not give me a new phone.  I think there must have been a bad hardware batch as this is the second one I've gotten and the 3rd sim card.  Does this sound like a possibility?  I've spent 2 hours with Verizon tech and they thought some but my local store laughs and says there is nothing wrong with the phone and I'll have to pay to get something different.  I bought one black and one red less than a month ago and they now refuse to help me.  Any suggestions?  Motorola says wipe the phone and reinstall software.  I find this hard to believe because its the second phone with the same problem.  I've got a week long trip leaving Sat and restarting my phone every 15mins just isn't going to work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have gotten 2 Red Droid Turbo's and the 1x bDm never changes from -120
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your zip code? Do you have access to any other model of phone to compare the signal issue with?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
clarkjw24

My zip code is 29550.  I have a black droid turbo with all the exact same settings, I bought the same day.  One for me and one for my fiancé.  The phones are identical in setup per Verizon Tech (said they checked both phones and they matched) and from me comparing every inch of it.  Everything looks the same except the 1x dBm never changes on the Red Kevlar Turbos.  Yesterday I had both phones in my hand and the signal on the black fluctuates where the Red Kevlar never varies.  Its strange that this is the second Red Kevlar Turbo we've tried with the exact same results.  We also tried new sim cars.   Seems to point to hardware defect.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried switching the SIM cards between the two devices to see if the behavior occurs with the other person's SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes