I have locked myself out of my new LG V10. How do I unlock it?
Prince11

I Have a new LG V10 cell phone. I accidentally locked myself out. What is the best and easiest way to unlock this phone so I am able to use it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have locked myself out of my ew LG V10. How do I unlock?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You will probably have to use the alternate Factory Reset method and rest the device to the way it was when you first got it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You will probably have to use the alternate Factory Reset method and rest the device to the way it was when you first got it.

0 Likes
Prince11

Do you know the steps to.reset the LG V10?  Right now I'm waiting 72 hours for an email with supposedly steps to resolve the issue. I was told  by  two Verizon support people that Google is responsible for the frustrating long process to get my new cell unlocked, due to security. I think when a person buys a new phone like mine, there should be information pertaining to an accidental lockout. I've literally spent days and many many hours with this issue. Also, VSP people need more education on "occidental lockout" on LG V10 cell phones.

Thank you very much for your input.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I am confused how you locked yourself out. Did you not set up a fingerprint? I have the V10. I use the fingerprint all the time.

Power off the device (take the battery out)

Replace the battery and the cover.

Hold the Volume Down and the Power button until you see a white screen.

Use the Volume Down button to select Factory Data Reset then press the Power button to execute the command.

These steps WILL ERASE EVERYTHING FROM YOUR PHONE and you will have to set it up like it was brand new.

I would take these steps as a last resort.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you didn't use a back-up pin??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how frustrating it can be to lock yourself out of your device; however, Verzion does not have access to your personal passwords and therefore have very little to do with the "unlock" process. In some instances, Google is able to assist if your phone has been registered through them. Have you contacted Google? If so, what did they say?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Prince11

Haven't tried getting my LG V10 back online. Taxes have my time zeroed on getting it finished before the deadline.

Has the person that was waiting out the 72 hours been successful in getting their LG back to working?

Prince11

0 Likes