I have the Motorola Droid 4- after update, messages are broken up
jonessince2002

Saturday night my phone updated to 4.0.4, the next day I started having messages come through in several parts. Where as before I would get paragraphs come through as 1 message.  Last night I did a factory reset per the technician's suggestion and it seemed to have fixed my problem or so I thought. This morning I got another message, but it was only 22 words long and it came in to my phone as 3 separate texts.  Granted I have unlimited texting but I have to have my phone for my work and my employees often send messages to me to let me know if they are running late ect. I can't have a phone that is going to be giving me issues.

Anyone know what can be done to fix this problem?

OTHER THAN FACTORY RESET. I've done it twice now and still having this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
I have the Motorola Droid 4- after update, messages are broken up
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It may not necessarily be an issue with your phone.  This happens on occasion when receiving texts from my wife (I have a Rezound and she has a DInc2).  Is it from one particular person that texts do this?  Could be their phone, or it could be something on Verizon's end with how the texts are going through.

0 Likes
Re: I have the Motorola Droid 4- after update, messages are broken up
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jonessince2002. I rely on my phone for everything, and I can see why it's pretty annoying to get a small text message split up like you've described. Thanks for trying the reset option! As demmo86rt mentioned, it is a possibilty it's something with the sender's end if it seems to be happening with one person. But since it started up with your update, there's a better chance it's something on the phone. It doesn't appear to be a wide spread issue. If you have any third party messaging apps, please start by removing those. These can sometimes come back even after a master reset if you had your phone set up with an auto-restore option. They may have been great on your previous software, but the developer may not have an update that works well with your new software update and it causes the messages to show up weird on your phone. We're here to help if it's still causing you trouble.  ^JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes