I have tried no less than 50 times to restore my old text messages from the verizon cloud and I have not been able to. How do I restore the messages?
daron13

I got a new phone yesterday and it has been a horrible experience so far. I spent 5 hours in the store as they tried to move all my information over to my new phone and they couldn't get it to work correctly. My text messages will not restore from the cloud to the Droid Turbo. I am doing it correctly, but it has only gotten up to 5% of the way through and then says it has failed. Does anyone have a fix???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have tried no less than 50 times to restore my old text messages from the verizon cloud and I have not been able to. How do I restore the messages?
Sheea581

If you don't mind me asking which phone did you get

0 Likes
Re: I have tried no less than 50 times to restore my old text messages from the verizon cloud and I have not been able to. How do I restore the messages?
Sheea581

Sorry I see that you got the droid turbo

0 Likes
daron13

Hi,

I got the Motorola Turbo.

Thank you,

Deb

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have a suggestion.  If you have access to a desktop computer you can go to your Cloud online and perhaps export your contacts to a csv file.  Then, go to your Gmail account webpage, go to Contacts, and import that csv file.  Now you contacts will be backed up in Google.  So, everytime you save a new contact on your phone, save it to Google instead of Verizon or the Phone.  This means your new or present phone will sync to Google and all your contacts should appear.

0 Likes
daron13

Hi,

The contacts made it to my new phone. It's the texts that didn't. The only

texts that did make it has a picture attached. Otherwise, they didn't make

it over.

Thank you,

Deb

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry, I misread the post.  (A LOT of contacts-related posts lately.) If you still have the old phone, you can download SMS Backup and Restore from the Play Store.  Backup your messages, then move that saved file over to the new phone.  You can also save the backup to Google Drive from within the app and then on the new phone retrieve it from Google Drive.

0 Likes
daron13

As part of a special, they made me give up the phone. I just don't

understand how the texts can be there, I have a great WiFi connection, and

it fails every time.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you trying to restore messages from the Message+ app?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, if you were using Verizon Messages app and the messages were backed up to Verizon Cloud, you should be able to log into the Cloud on the new phone and restore them.  If you are doing it correctly but the sync stops at 5%, I'm not sure how else to force the sync to 100%.  (I stopped relying on Verizon Cloud a long time ago because of similar issues with other files and contacts.)

0 Likes