I'm having issues with data & downloads..
Douglas_Kirby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since August 7 when the new data period began, I've had certain areas in town that I have 0 download. I've tried asking the Verizon store in town and they've been no help. I've reset my network settings and popped the SD card out. Is my phone not working right, or is it Verizon?

Labels (1)
Re: I'm having issues with data & downloads..
bearone21
Legend

are you in a building, moving in a vehicle? network speeds are 5-12mbps at best!

0 Likes
Kalindo
Enthusiast - Level 1

In a building atm but I haven't had any service for about 5 days anywhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to use the service you depend upon, Douglas.Kirby. Thanks for reaching out, we would like to learn more. What is them make and model of device that you use? Do you happen to know if any other Verizon Wireless customers have been experiencing similar issues? Any issues with calls or texts?

Chris_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it's hard to think that that many towers could be down at the same time to affect service.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

bearone21 wrote:

are you in a building, moving in a vehicle? network speeds are 5-12mbps at best!

Those are old numbers based on when Verizon first started LTE. XLTE which Verizon claims is everywhere should be around 10-25 Mbps

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i'm in a big metro area & ookla speedtest has never, ever given 10-25mbps using the network, otoh, my wi-fi shows 85-90mbps consistently.

i don't do auto app updates & if i see 20+ meg updates on several apps, i wait 'til i get home & use wi-fi.

after the updates a few days ago, i checked both verizon & my wi-fi with ookla & the network was 4-5mbps download with a faster upload speed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kalindo, I am sorry to hear you are having service issues indoors. I am here to assist. Can you provide the zip code of the area being affected? What services are being affected? Does service tend to get better when you are outdoors?

Justin_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes