I need a definitive answer from VERIZON: MMS and data plan
DaGuyDaGuy

I just upgraded our phones to smartphones and picked up the cheapest Share Everything plan. We have WiFi at home and try not to use the mobile network for data, ever. However, we cannot send or receive SMS messages with attached pictures from home unless mobile data is enabled. I have read all I can and understand that mobile data needs to be enabled for a picture message to be sent or received (how stupid is that?), but I see conflicting opinions on whether or not the picture attachment counts against your data plan. Yes, I now know that it uses the data network, but I would like a Verizon person to tell me if it does or does NOT count against my monthly data allocation.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I need a definitive answer from VERIZON: MMS and data plan
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, you won't get a response from a Verizon rep because you didn't mark your post as a question.

SMS texts do not send/receive over wi-fi, they require a cellular connection.  However, they count against your text package, not your data package.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately, you won't get a response from a Verizon rep because you didn't mark your post as a question.

SMS texts do not send/receive over wi-fi, they require a cellular connection.  However, they count against your text package, not your data package.

DaGuyDaGuy

Thank you for your reply. Seriously, though? Verizon can't interpret my original lead line to mean that I need information from them? No wonder there are so many complaints about their support.  I will reword and resubmit, and include a question mark. Unbelievable.

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

>> MODERATOR COMMENT:  The thread has been marked as a question. <<

0 Likes
DaGuyDaGuy

So what is the answer, Verizon Moderator?

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

Forum Moderators do not answer questions here, they make sure the rules of the forum are followed. Your question will be answered by a Customer Service Support person from Verizion. I have seen responses from verizion stating that SMS and MMS files do not count against your data plan only against your texting plan, even thought a data link has to be open for the files to be sent.

0 Likes