I need help transferring my info from old android phone to new android phone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I need help transfering my info from old android phone to new one
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What are the issues you are having?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

use samsung smart switch on old, new phones & pc or mac....works well across all platforms for transferring what you select, contacts, messages, apps, etc & some pics if you don't have too many.

when i used it to xfer from an s5 to note5 it xferred both lock & home screen pics to the new phone.without any of the pics on the new phone.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Does that work on non-Samsung Androids?

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

as far as i know.  the receiving phone has choices to select, android, iphone, blackberry.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ANDMOR87, we definitely want to help make this transferring process as smooth as possible for you. In order for us to better assist, we’ll need to gather some additional information. Can you please tell us the make/model of the old phone and the new phone? Have you been using anything to back up the current content on your old phone?

We’d like to recommend taking advantage of Verizon Cloud if you haven’t already done so. You can learn more about it here: http://vz.to/2n8i2UZ

SamanthaT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Pbeachy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to transfer my home screen APP placement and folders from a Samsung s7 to an s8, but there does not seam to be any way to do this. Backup does not offer that option and searched forums till blue in the face. Cannot believe you cannot provide such a simple option AND you block mybackup pro from allowing it. How do I transfer my layout without dragging every ap back to where I want it?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pbeachy, we completely understand how important it is to have your phone set up in a manner that’s comfortable and easy for you. It’s great to have the ability to have your phone keep all of your items in their exact place when you’re in the process of upgrading. The specific service that you’re looking for is specific to the device itself and we’d be happy to pass along your feedback to Samsung. 

Something that may be worth looking into is the Samsung "Smart Switch" service. It's exactly what Samsung recommends to help you switch devices and helps to back up apps, contacts, settings, etc. At this time, the service does not mention any specific details regarding the home screen layout, although we're confident that Samsung will be able to provide more details to explain this service further. Feel free to reach out to Samsung by visiting https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/ and learn more about their Smart Switch service here: https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-switch/

SamanthaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes