I need to vent, ask questions and make suggestions all in one post. Get ready
jay_foster
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I'm driving my little cousin home to babysit him for an hour or so when he asks me "can I play that fruit slicing game on your phone?" Now normally I would just say no and leave it at that, but he looked so innocent sitting in the backseat so I opened up Fruit Ninja and handed it to him. After a while I noticed that my phone went quiet and that he wasn't playing it anymore so I asked him what was wrong and he said it just cut off. So I take the phone from him and noticed that indeed it was off and was turning back on only on the screen it had the little android character and it said erasing with a loading bar at the bottom. My first reaction was to take the batter out in hopes that it would prevent the erasing but guess what? There's no battery to take out in a droid maxx, so all I could do was sit there and wait for it to delete all my stuff. When my phone finally did boot up the first thing it said was setup phone for first use and I'm like this isn't my first time using it!! But EVERYTHING was deleted, the only thing I was able to recover was some of my contacts. I even logged in my Google account but that didn't bring any of my pictures, music, or even the progress I made in my apps like Fruit Ninja back & I had all the blades!=(

My question is how did this happen? Why couldn't I stop it? I know my little cousin doesn't know how to factory reset my phone, did it do it by itself? Is there a way that I can get my stuff back?? Please help

I suggest there be an option to abort the factory reset just in case it happened by accident. Why are phone makers making built in batteries now? I feel like I could have saved myself this trouble if I was able to take the battery out

I'm so upset because ITS ALL GONE=|

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I need to vent, ask questions and make suggestions all in one post. Get ready
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you lost all your contacts and information jay_foster. Yes, he probably hit the factory reset by mistake and erased your contact. If you saved your information via Google or the cloud you should had access to redownload your information. Here is some information for future reference http://vz.to/IsygQ6 .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

Re: I need to vent, ask questions and make suggestions all in one post. Get ready
LoyalHTCuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

Probably not much help here. Sorry you lost all your data. I have a game with about $1k invested so I would be wicked upset.

when I have let my kids play with my phone they have made in game purchases. not good. I had to quit letting them play it unsupervised. I have noticed that they don't read what they are pressing. and don't understand that the entire screen has buttons on it. like the home button or sometimes settings..... things pop up and all they want is back to their games. so they press and press.

as far as the removable battery goes as the phones get bigger memory, and more serious SnapDragon processors pulling the battery during memory dumps or changes could end the life of the phone. you could corrupt the memory. the days of pulling the battery for a simple reboot are going the way of the dodo.

Not applicable

Odds are he somehow got to the factory reset settings and enabled it. This is why I don't let kids touch my phone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you lost all your contacts and information jay_foster. Yes, he probably hit the factory reset by mistake and erased your contact. If you saved your information via Google or the cloud you should had access to redownload your information. Here is some information for future reference http://vz.to/IsygQ6 .

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

I need to vent, ask questions and make suggestions all in one post. Get ready
jay_foster
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's so frustating!! Thanks for replying though guys. & I wont let him use my phone anymore!

0 Likes