I recently changed my gmail password and I got an error message saying sign in error. After I typed in my new password I still keep getting the same message
Brown44

I need help with this please? Someone please tell me how I can fix this

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I recently changed my gmail password and I got an error message saying sign in error. After I typed in my new password I still keep getting the same message
sfgwyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

same here, certificate change or refresh is my suspect, and you need to get a new cert downloaded from authenticated gmail account.  2-3 signal bars or higher may help, while authenticating and resolving.  As soon as you auth on your account you should see flow again, this started about Sept 19, why a weekend ask Google. It took a retry to get it.

I know preparation for Sha-2 certs, but this is something else.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I recently changed my gmail password and I got an error message saying sign in error. After I typed in my new password I still keep getting the same message
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Google two-factor authentication turned on?  Do you use an "app specific" password for the Google Playstore?

If you don't know what I'm asking, then you aren't using those security procedures, and you may simply be entering your password incorrectly.  Where do you get the "sign in error"?  For gmail?  Or the play store?

0 Likes
rulethedroid
Contributor - Level 1

I would suggest going through the password reset process on your google account.  Really about all you can do. 

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Try going to Google settings app hit menu and hit get verification code. Or do the forgot password on Gmail sign in and it usually sends a text to your phone so you can change it.  Did you put and upper case letter during change online?

0 Likes
sfgwyn
Enthusiast - Level 2

same here, certificate change or refresh is my suspect, and you need to get a new cert downloaded from authenticated gmail account.  2-3 signal bars or higher may help, while authenticating and resolving.  As soon as you auth on your account you should see flow again, this started about Sept 19, why a weekend ask Google. It took a retry to get it.

I know preparation for Sha-2 certs, but this is something else.

0 Likes