I've decided to buy a Droid, but which one?
LizzieG

Eris or the Motorola?  Is there really much difference?  I'm upgrading from an original LG enV and will be learning the new OS on my phone as well as dealing with Windows 7 on my laptop.  (My old laptop committed suicide the week 7 came out.)

I'm self-employed and find that keeping up with a paper calendar is nuts.  Also, my contact information needs to include more than just name and number.  I looked at a Blackberry Storm 2.

Can I really stream tv shows and video clips without worrying about a data charge (aside from the $29/month plan required)??  I have to use an air card on my computer as I live in a house built in 1846 with no DSL or cable available.

Any advice?  Suggestions?  This is a bit overwhelming but I realize that the technology will eventually make my life more organized.

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I've decided to buy a Droid, but which one?
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

The Droid is way better and has a real keyboard.  No brainer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Step one - decide to buy a Droid, but which one?
Laytimator

I'm pretty sure that both REQUIRE a data plan.

0 Likes
Re: Step one - decide to buy a Droid, but which one?
LizzieG

I realize that any droid requires a data plan, but at the Verizon store, I was led to believe that streaming tv and video was not going to lead to the dreaded overage charges that could happen with my 5Gig air card. 

0 Likes
regulat0r

Get the Touch Pro 2.

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

The Droid is way better and has a real keyboard.  No brainer.

0 Likes
j0j081

I wouldn't say the Moto Droid is better.  It depends on if you want/need a physical keyboard or not.  After using one on a Samsung Rogue for about a month I found it nice at first but over time I starting to prefer typing on the touch screen much more and the Rogue didn't even have auto correct like a smartphone does.  I decided to go with the Eris because the Moto Droid is too bulky for me, the keyboard wouldn't be used much and IMO it is crap anyway, and the Eris has a much nicer looking user interface.  The one big advantage the Moto Droid has right now is the 2.0 version of Android but the Eris will be getting a free upgrade to that within a couple months.

0 Likes