I've had an Android since 1994.
Danc1470

Why does Android keep getting less intelligent. All the technology in the world can't move a file from internal memory to external memory. What is that about? HTC has always been known for the user options. And yet this user has no ability to control the phone the way he wants. Because Android has screwed things up. Please everybody let's get on the bandwagon and make Android revamp their system on the next release. And put control back in the user hands.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I've had an Android since 1994.
rcschnoor
Legend

Danc1470 wrote:

Yes. I misspoke. I've been with HTC phones since 94. Android then come out

later, yes I understand that. You obviously are so intent on pointing the

finger at what I said that was incorrect. That you totally missed the point

of the message.

Possibly that is because some people exaggerate on purpose to make their point seem more valid. Your statement being a prime example. The point of your post is another example.

For what it is worth, you CAN use a file explorer in order to move a file from internal memory to external memory(ES File Explorer being an example). I do it quite often. Many phones and/or android OS versions require some files to be on internal memory. Some apps also require some files to be on internal memory. That does not mean android is getting less intelligent, it is simply a choice they have made which may not necessarily be a choice you would have made. They, however, are the authors of the OS/apps and as such have the right to do so.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

1994? I thought the first Android phone was released in 2009 or 2008 for that T-Mobile phone I can't remember the name of.

Download a file explorer app from the Play Store if the phone doesn't have a default file manager application. If you are referring to moving an application to SD card, the Nougat OS allows for the option with restrictions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

*20007... HTC G1

Danc1470

of the message.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Danc1470 wrote:

of the message.

Possibly that is because some people exaggerate on purpose to make their point seem more valid. Your statement being a prime example. The point of your post is another example.

For what it is worth, you CAN use a file explorer in order to move a file from internal memory to external memory(ES File Explorer being an example). I do it quite often. Many phones and/or android OS versions require some files to be on internal memory. Some apps also require some files to be on internal memory. That does not mean android is getting less intelligent, it is simply a choice they have made which may not necessarily be a choice you would have made. They, however, are the authors of the OS/apps and as such have the right to do so.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I provided you with a means to move files between the two memory spaces on a phone. A means I have been using since at least 2010 with my first Android phone which also happens to have been an HTC phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A little bit old then I recalled, huh? And yeah, that the phone I was thinking about.

0 Likes
Danc1470

OK, now you seem to be argumentative.

And still missing the point.

I am done. May God bless you in ways that you can not imagine.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do I think Android is becoming less intelligent? No I don't. I wouldn't want to go back to Android OS from 2009 after experiencing the Android OS Nougat available today.  What that your point?

0 Likes