I want the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact - Z3c
markovz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not everyone want a phablet or the limited selection android phones that VZ offers its customers because they don't sell well.

Being a Verizon customer shouldn't hurt but it does.  poor equipment offerings - an obsolete CDMA network when everyone else is GSM provides a very limited selection of hardware for Verizon customers.  Fees are high support and service are low.

cant the boys in the ivory tower get online with some decent selection for your customers?

WHEN, if ever?

Labels (1)
Re: I want the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact - Z3c
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

It's because Big Red is the best network out there, they choose what devices come onto their network and what doesn't. This is why they brand all of their devices and make them ugly. They choose the design, they choose what's sold, they choose what's accepted, etc. The only company bigger than Verizon is Apple, they don't let Verizon run all over them.

0 Likes
IzumoSami
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wouldn't say CDMA is obsolete, there are many benefits that GSM can never achieve. Google it if you don't understand. HOWEVER, I do agree that VZ is not putting customer up front. I don't mind paying a bit higher fee, because I'm getting better service. But I do mind, why can't I have the same option as other people do? I love Sony, but I have a fairly small hands. I checked out Z3V on the release day, it looks like a ps vita in my hand. Why would I want to carrier a brick everyday when we are no longer in 90's?

I have heard rumors that there will be news regard z3 compact for VZ soon, but it's not a guarantee... I will wait until Sony store's release date, which is 11/02. If no news, I will highly consider a switch on carrier...

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Both CDMA and GSM still have a long service life, look at the vast number of phones now out there operating on  these modes. Verizon gives it main support to their Network and not to phone repair per-se. They do offer limited support both online, mobile phone (611), and landline. Coverage is very good better then others in 90% of the USA but customer service is still  poor. I also heard Sony may have some news around the first week of Nov. On the VZW date I would watch Verizon as I've seen a post on a possible release date. not sure when. Hang in there a while both you and IzumoSami.  

0 Likes
asoglin
Enthusiast - Level 2

If Verizon can't come up with a phone that isn't gargantuan but has the guts of the big phones, I'm getting the Sony Z3 Compact and switching to AT&T or T-Mobile. I may wind up back with Verizon if the coverage is inadequate, but I'm willing to take that chance given the lack of an appealing Verizon phone that I can hold one-handed when I'm commuting or walking.

I'll wait for next week's announcements, but if there's no good news, I'll make the switch.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You guys realize... Z3 compact is a lot larger than some 5 in he screen devices right?

0 Likes
Not applicable

asoglin wrote:

If Verizon can't come up with a phone that isn't gargantuan but has the guts of the big phones, I'm getting the Sony Z3 Compact and switching to AT&T or T-Mobile.

Carriers don't make phones. When are people going to get this? The the companies do actually make phone do not seem interested in making version of their large phones that are smaller but have the same internals. I'm sure there is market for this, but it seems they aren't interested. either get a huge  tripped out phone or a smaller one that is low end. Not everyone has huge hands or wants a large phone that doesn't mean they want weak specs. They do however make large phones with weak specs which seems odd. Who says "I want a phone with a large screen but garbage camera, minimal RAM, minimal storage and a slow CPU".

0 Likes
IzumoSami
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not so sure if you know what are you talking about. iPhone 6 is a 4.7 in with 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.27, where z3 compact is a 4.6 in with 5 x 2.6 x 0.34. Specs are from both official websites. I don't even need to pull a 5 in screen specs to prove.

IzumoSami
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think that's what asoglin meant. In my opinion, Z3 compact is a high end device with a fairly good size. Since Sony got Xperia Z3 as Z3V with the sacrifise of the nice design (may some other stuff I didn't notice), I'd say Sony wants to get partnership with VZ, where VZ totally ruined it... (even tho, I'd say QI was a good part)

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

There are other 5 inch devices. What makes them so big is the bezels. I wasn't specificallytalking about the iPhone.

0 Likes