Imap not working in email account setup
KNIGHTRJ3

I cant setup email account, getting imap not setup or invalid user name or password

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Imap not working in email account setup
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the email account is with Yahoo, have you tried the Yahoo application? The Yahoo account have always been finicky on Samsung phones for years now. They will work for a while on the stock email application for a few months and suddenly stop. Then the user has to set them up again.

BTW you never answered my questions in this discussion. Phone model? Email domain?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which phone model? Which email domain?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

delete the account & try setting it up in auto instead of manual.

0 Likes
KNIGHTRJ3

I am retired microsoft mcse mcsd tried that already

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

so much for your ms mcse, i've setup 2 imap accounts on previous s3, s5 & current note5 by using the auto setup function.

0 Likes
KNIGHTRJ3

Not in the last 72 hrs. you havent, unless you changed the security requirement on yahoo allowing lower security. thats why i am an mcse and an mcsd and you are not. yahoo has increased there security and over 15,000 people have contacted Samsung with the same problem, i talked to samsung and they have no fix as of yet, neither has apple. get with the times or quit your job

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the email account is with Yahoo, have you tried the Yahoo application? The Yahoo account have always been finicky on Samsung phones for years now. They will work for a while on the stock email application for a few months and suddenly stop. Then the user has to set them up again.

BTW you never answered my questions in this discussion. Phone model? Email domain?

0 Likes
KNIGHTRJ3

Samsung s6 halaxy, verizon, yes, the regular yahoo email application works fine, but you cannot add yahoo email to the samsung email application that comes with the phone, that gives you the ability to add as many email accounts as you need and lets you use Combined inbox to monitor all email accounts in one screen. or yo can choose any one seperately an monitor it . you can send and receive emails from all accounts in one screen. i am surprised you are not aware of the app and the problems that yahoo has caused trying to cover their compromised website.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not aware of the the specific issues with Yahoo or its application because I don't use the website or its email domain. It is the others on this community forum that complain about the issues with Yahoo and connect it to the Samsung Email app.

Personally I use the Email application on my phone for two email accounts . While I could view both accounts in a combined inbox , I don't because I use those accounts for two separate reasons.

The Gmail application is also capable of handling more than the Gmail accounts. Some use it and others don't. The Google Inbox is also an option. I don't tie my non Gmail accounts to either of those applications , because I still prefer to keep the accounts separated.

There are many options out there to handle multiple email accounts. Whether you are willing to look for and try them is up to you.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

not yahoo, real email with cox!!!

0 Likes