Increasingly poor reception, even with a network extender
aah924

I have noticed a decrease I cell reception, in my area.  The issues has become wrse in the last few months, and my neighbors have noticed it as well.  We are in zip code 29455 and service seems much better appx 1 mile away.  Additionally, I do have a network extender and reception didn't improve with my recent upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy 7.  How do I reach someone in Verizon to hopefully send someone out to check the area?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Increasingly poor reception, even with a network extender
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aah924,

having top notch service is a top priority for us. We hope you are safe with all of the Hurricane Matthew events. Are you having issues with service just inside of your home with the network extender? We would want you to unplug the extender and your router/modem and reconnect everything. This will reset the connection that is bringing in your service. Please dial #48 once everything is back up and running. This will notify you that you are connected to the extender. Test again and provide the results.

RobinD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
aah924

Robin, thank you for the response.  I have already completed these steps, but the issue is beyond the network extender as reception is very poor even on the road in front of our house.  There is some reason why the signal is poor on our street for all of the residents that have Verizon service.  So one needs to access the area, as we are located in Charleston and not far from a Verizon tower.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aah924,

We want you to have the best possible service. No outages or alerts have been reported in the area. How far do you need to travel before you get good service?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
aah924

This is NOT an OUTAGE issue.  This has been an ongoing issue for a few years as I can get service less than 1 mile away.

Thanks!

0 Likes