kaatgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Incredible 4g lte WON'T RING!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incredible 4g lte won't ring
B33
Legend

Have you tried running a power cycle or pulling the battery.!   And you might give this a try as well take and press your upper volume.. see if the setting was set on silent.. or Vibrate..

0 Likes
kaatgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a soft reset, pulled the battery, and checked volume multiple times. After reset, it sometimes will give half a ring the first call, and then nothing after. I'm not sure what you mean by "running a power cycle".

B33
Legend

A power cycle consist of pulling the battery as what you did and then holding the power button for 20sec. with the battery out and then reinstalling it and re-powering the phone..

sorry for not adding that in earlier.. b

0 Likes
kaatgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, it doesn't even vibrate. But the ringtones, and vibrate, work when I go into settings to change ringtones. I tried multiple ringtones and even songs. All my other notifications work.

0 Likes
kaatgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll try that, I only pulled battery for about a minute and reinstalled. (I can't believe you suggested checking volume, but I guess people often forget the simple things.) 

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I wonder if you have a app that might be causing the issue sometimes 3rd party apps can, Try running your phone in safe mode see if that helps return your ring features

Here is how to put your phone into Safe Mode.. this link shows for the Inc. 2 but it may work for you phone as well..

Power the Device Up in Safe Mode - DROID INCREDIBLE 2 by HTC

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup sometimes they can be accidentally shut off just by putting our phones into our pockets or for you ladies in your purses.! 

0 Likes
kaatgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, it took a couple tries but I got it up in safe mode. Now I just have to wait for a phone call to test it. I think my phone may have just forgotten how to ring because I get so few calls, haha. Thanks for your help, I'll post back later if it works or not.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

ok

0 Likes