Intermittent Read Receitps
RIZZNUT

I'm using a Pixel phone and I'm getting intermittent Read receipts.   Sometimes they work (it shows Read) and other times it stays on Delivered - even though I've read the message and replied.

Can wifi be causing this?  It's very frustrating.

Thanks

Rizz

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Intermittent Read Receitps
bearone21
Legend

what do you specify, opened, message read or delivered??

0 Likes
RIZZNUT

It will show delivered on my end, but I know the other person has read the text because they have replied to my text. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The receipts only work between Verizon Wireless phones. If the other person is on another carrier  then it might not work.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

RIZZNUT

We are both on Verizon.  I feel like it might have something to do with wifi.  They tend to stop working with I leave the house where I was connected to wifi.  But it turns back on later.

But it doesn't happen all the time which is what makes it difficult to trouble shoot.

0 Likes
seanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Rizznut, making sure your read receipts are work correctly is so crucial.  Let’s go over this together.  Which Pixel phone do you have?  Which messaging application are you using?  Do the messages all eventually say read or do they ever stay permanently “unread/delivered?”  How many different people does this happen with?  To clarify, does this only happen when off of Wi-Fi?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the
Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes