Intermittent Vibration on Droid Mini and Screen Aware
ITJANE

I have a Droid MINI and have noticed over the past 2months or so that my vibration will cut in and out.  For instance:  When selecting vibration patterns, if I go up and down through the menu selecting different vibration patterns about 10x or so after doing that it will stop giving me vibration pattern examples and continue to let me move through the menu but not feel the vibration patterns actually occur (no vibration occurring).

Also, when doing the key feedback (when typing text, I have the phone vibrate when I touch a key to simulate touching a keyboard) and after say 30 or 40 characters the key feedback stops vibrating.

I've been told by VZ that they believe it's a setting that's wrong in my google account and not a physical hardware issue.  Thoughts?  This did NOT develop recently after any patches either, but the vibration issue has gotten substantially worse (works less and less than it used to, used to be a lot more intermittent).

Not related to the vibration issue I've noticed that my phone's desire to alert me to new mail/messages is still working properly, however the phone will about every minute just flash me the clock with the black backdrop, especially noticeable when i'm in the car and it's plugged in and charging.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Intermittent Vibration on Droid Mini and Screen Aware
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

From what you are posting it sounds as if the smartphone motor vibrator is going into a fail mode and will require a replacement soon. I don't think you have a settings problem issue from what you are describing. The Droid Mini has a very small light duty motor and they do wear out over time with use.  Merry Christmas   Smiley Happy

0 Likes
ITJANE

GalaxyClass I would tend to agree with you, but then I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with a rep who had no problems convincing me it was related to my primary google account.  Granted I still pushed for a new phone with my exnteded warranty, but at what point can I test this to verify for them I'm not crazy and it's not a software issue? Fustrating.

Thanks.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

It very easy to do, simply go into your vibrator settings and select different vibrator setting patterns and see if they produce in their normal working mode. This test should be repeated for three to four minutes to cause stress/heating to the vibrator motor and weight. If all works normal you most likely do not have a vibrator issue. At that point I would look at my settings and possible software corruption .

0 Likes
ITJANE

If I move through the settings long enough it will stop vibrating.  Get out of the menu, reset, then do the whole process again.  I'm actually typing this on my mobile and after the first 40 characters the keyboard feedback vibration is already gone.

This is now the 5th phone replaced since Thanksgiving 2013.

1. Rebooted 12x in 24hrs in 11/2013

2. Charging connector would no longer allow charging with any adapter, not adapter issue as I'm still using them

3. Half the backlight of the screen on the right went to half lit and the left stayed lit

4.  Could not swipe to page through phone pages of apps, pressing key on keyboard on screen would select 3 characters as the sensor to touch wasn't registering correctly where on the screen you touched.  Was not issue of non-clean screen.

5.  Vibration issues

Clearly I have most likely received returns/refurbished phones instead of new replacements.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

ITJANE, return that phone and check out all functions of the (used) CPO replacement phone  in a Verizon Corp. Store. If still not working request Verizon (as per warranty) to again provide you with a fully 100% working device. You can pursue this issue with the local Better Business Bureau also but that will not get you a new phone. Please keep the forum posted on this issue.  Thank you.

0 Likes