Intermittent texts I send don't get received... but are shown in My Verizon texting logs
NRJank
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Droid mini.  In the past month or so I have periodically found out from a friend that a text I sent was not received. This has happened with multiple contacts, they are using different service providers (one on Sprint, one on Google Voice, etc). My phone shows the message was sent. If I log into My Verizon, my message log shows the message having been sent. But that person never got it.  The most recent time, I sent two messages within a short time and they only received the second one.

How can we find out the source of the problem and fix it?  Since the message shows up in My Verizon, it appears that it gets sent correctly from my phone to your network... is there anything I can do on my end?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Intermittent texts I send don't get received... but are shown in My Verizon texting logs
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NRJank, I am sorry to learn that your messages are periodically being sent. I can understand how frustrating this is, as I send hundreds of messages a month. Are you using the Messages + application to send and receive messages? Do you have a lot of messages within the threaded conversation? Have you tried to reboot the phone?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Re: Intermittent texts I send don't get received... but are shown in My Verizon texting logs
Pointles_Screen_Name
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I sent multiple texts to the same person earlier and they did not receive a single one yet received a message I sent via group text to them and others. They're on at&t and using an iPhone. I have also had intermittent issues with others not receiving my text messages. I'm not using the Messages+ app because its performance is somewhat sluggish. I've reboot my phone and even gotten a new LTE SIM but the issue continues.

0 Likes
NRJank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just the standard android messaging app.  Rebooted, doesn't make a difference. Doeent seem to matter how many messages are in ghe convrrsation with the person. They'll just randomly not get some of the texts.

Would the message show up in the My Verizon message usage log ion the website the problem was with the phone software? ( just checked the latest missed messages from my PC on the My Verizon website, and they are listed there.) Seems like that would mean it successfully made it off the phone to your servers, and the problem was on delivery. But it's not just one person or carrier, so that hints to the VZW sending side. Unless I've missed something that is.

Pointles_Screen_Name
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree.  It is not a phone, software, or messaging app issue. It is not even the other carriers' receiving end. It is a Verizon service failure. Several iPhone users aren't seeing the problem because iMessage is using data to send and receive instead of the text messaging servers.

0 Likes
NRJank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, I went through my messsage log. I noticed that if i look at message details (long press on a message for Message Options, and tap View Details), on my sent messages it shows "Cause Code: Addr.Vcnt., 0"  as the last line.  It shows this for all non-MMS messages I send, but googling on this brings up a lot of discussion on VZW and other forums about undelivered text messages. some of those discussions date back to 2011, so maybe that's a clue to the problem?  Or maybe its just a meaningless message, since it shows up in all my log messages, received or not,  long before I was having this problem.

0 Likes
NRJank
Enthusiast - Level 3

TionnaB_VZW, or any other rep.  Anything else I should try?  Rebooting hasn't helped. I've tried removing/reinserting the SIM. I haven't yet tried a factory reset, as I'm waiting for any indication that it might be a known network problem on you end.

Note that I've also attempted turning on Delivery Reports for SMS and MMS messages. Thought naively that it would at least give me a delivery indicator so I'd know when a message failed. Apparently delivery reports are very hit-or-miss, not sure whether that's because of your network or not. I've had them seemingly randomly returned to me or not, to the same user on both VZW and other carrier's networks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for trying those steps, NRJank. I am sorry to learn that the additional steps you have taken have not help. We will get down to the bottom of this. Please try the following http://vz.to/1CXBfeq If possible leave the phone in safe mode for at least 12 hours. Test out if any reports not receiving any messages.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes