Introducing the Motorola Devour! The Android phone with major social skills.
Mark_VZW
Enthusiast - Level 2

Taste social networking at its best with the Motorola Devour™. Verizon Wireless’ first Android phone featuring MOTOBLUR™, the Devour packs a 3.1" touchscreen, a Touch Sensitive Navigation Key, a pre–installed 8GB microSD card and is Bluetooth capable for Wireless Headset and Stereo support. And because it runs the Android OS, you can load thousands of apps, and jump between them with killer speed. So step away from your PC, because now you can talk, text, chat, send pics and stay socially connected on the Network with the most 3G coverage.

• MOTOBLUR™
    Stay in the loop with MOTOBLUR™, and say goodbye to constantly logging in and out of different email and social network accounts. Now everything you’re into comes to you in a single stream. Get your texts, feeds, emails and social networking sites like Facebook©, Twitter™ and Myspace™. All in real time, all synched on one homescreen. And with constant updates and backups, you’re connected –even if you lose your phone. So get ready, because your social life is about to heat up.

• Integrated Social Networking
    MOTOBLUR ™ keeps your social networking content integrated, up to date, and at your fingertips. The Happenings Widget displays all of your friends’ latest posts, feeds and status updates from sites like Twitter™, Facebook© and Myspace™. So you can find all your friends and see what they’re up to. Plus you can broadcast your status on one network or all of them simultaneously.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Introducing the Motorola Devour! The Android phone with major social skills.
twforrer

Meh, how about some updates on the N1 or Incredible....

0 Likes
Re: Introducing the Motorola Devour! The Android phone with major social skills.
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

twforrer wrote:

Meh, how about some updates on the N1 or Incredible....

Or the 2.1 update we were promised months ago........................
0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
Why ask when you get so upset when things don't go as planned and you blame them for lying(not you maybe but MANY others do). It will be released when it is ready. Why ask for problems on a release that isn't ready? It's like going to the hospital because of a heart attack. They tell you they need you stay a couple days more and you say you don't want to, so they release you. A couple days later you are back in for the same thing but not any closer to finding out why it happend. All because you didn't want to wait and get released when you were properly ready.
0 Likes
twforrer

Why get so upset?[edit]  It was supposed to be out months ago, and its a reason many people didnt wait to get the N1 or Incredible.  They refuse to give any sort of reasoning as to why its been delayed, for how long etc...  Throw people a bone and maybe they wouldnt be forced to ask. 

The other thing is, yes they are either lying or are just plain **bleep**.  The people in the Verizon store keep telling me that its been released and is coming in waves of 250,000.  They've been telling people that for a while - and not a single person ANYWHERE has said they've recieved it.

Lastly, the **bleep** in the store actually told me to update it online by rooting my phone.  But oh wait, they dont tell you that voids your warranty though... Thanks

They've completely miss handled the whole situation, so why are you complaining that we are? [edit]

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I think the problem is that the Devour is not news. It was advertised during the Super Bowl, and certain big box stores have been selling it for weeks now.

This crowd follows rumored devices and wants to hear what's coming, although unfortunately, nothing will be announced on this site until it's official. And so we must wait and speculate. 

0 Likes
courthouseguy

Interesting, but you don't mention which version of Android OS it's running... hmm... wonder why... Oh yeah, because it only uses 1.6.  Yeah, I guess if I had to promote something I too wouldn't mention that its running a creaky, old operating system.  Give us 2.1 already!!

0 Likes
thatoreogirl

I think that the 1.6 OS is awesome, especially since they added motoblur.  One of the reasons the 2.x demo isn't out I hear is because they can't get the motoblur to work on it, which they want to include.  I have friends with the Droid and they all agree my phone is awesome as well, but "it's no Droid."  It's not supposed to be.  The Devour isn't as high tech as the Droid, but I don't think it was supposed to surpass it in the first place.  

0 Likes
kenc3dan

It's got Bluetooth initiated voice dialing, for use in my car, that's why I've got it.  Would love to have that on the Droid or Incredible but that's up Verizon to add as a third-party solution (Nuance voice suite) or Motorola or Google could build it in.  The current/built-in Google voice dialing is disabled with a Bluetooth headset since it can't deliver good performance except from the built-in mic on the phone itself.  Nice aluminum body on the Devour though.

0 Likes