Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Invalid Destination Address
Meroxybbaby

I've had my service for a couple weeks now. Whenever I attempt to send an MMS I receive the Invalid Destination Address error. I have attempted to view my plan and features on my account, (thought maybe it was a feature that was turned off). However, when I try to review my plan and features I'm being given a message stating that my line is inactive and when I attempt to view Features I'm hit with the 119 device and SIM are not compatible. I was told upon first activation of my phone that the second error message was a glitch that was being worked out and was reassured my phone would function normally. I'm using a Motorola g5 Plus.

I have restarted, removed and reinstalled the SIM card, all connection settings are correct, I reset those network settings, have been on the phone with numerous different reps, most tell me there's not a problem on their end, only one person has told me I can't use an unlocked device, everyone else reassures me that it should work fine. The whole point of BYOD is bringing an unlocked device.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Invalid Destination Address
Ann154
Expert
Expert

Is it possible the port process wasn't fully completed? I would suggest you call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from another VZW phone and request they check the port and reset your text message feature from their end to verify it is setup correctly.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes