Is it possible to add a phone (older Verizon model MotoX) to a data plan without giving it a line?
CMD1031
Enthusiast - Level 2

So could I essentially make this phone a cellular-enabled tablet?  It would be for my son and I'm not sure I'm *quite* ready for him to have a phone number just yet.  But I don't see any small phone-sized tablets available from Verizon.  I'm guessing the answer is no, but thought I'd ask.  Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to add a phone (older Verizon model MotoX) to a data plan without giving it a line?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even a tablet has a phone number associated with it for the cellular network connection. The tablet just can't make calls or text message through that phone number attached to the SIM card. If you activated the Moto X it will be capable of making calls and text messages directly through the SIM card. Have you considered just using the Moto X as a wifi only device with the SIM card removed? Or a wifi only tablet or a connected one capable of accessing the Verizon Wireless network?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes