Is it possible to restore a deleted text message?
RNSCHRAMMY

Can I restore a message that was deleted ??

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to restore a deleted text message?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, if you had your texts backed up somewhere (such as a cloud service or via an app).  Otherwise, once texts are deleted from the phone, they are gone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RNSCHRAMMY, tikibar1 is correct as you can restore deleted text messages depending on which text message application was used. Verizon Messages allows you the ability to restore deleted messages as well as other third-party text message applications. Which application was used when the text messages were deleted? 

0 Likes
jroma

How long does it take for message+ restore from online feature to restore recently deleted texts?

Is there any settings or anything I need to do for the restore to work? I deleted a chat 2 days ago and need to recover it. Is there anything that could cause the restore option in message+ to not work on a 2 day old deleted chat?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question jroma. The messages are only restored if they are saved. If the messages are not being backed up then the messages would be lost. You can try the steps on the following link to try to restore the messages: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-161979/

RogerZ_VZW

0 Likes