Is there a better data deal available for an ex-unlimited-data user?
Crunchyhippo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently struck a deal with Verizon where I gave up my unlimited data plan for 6G/mo. and a free Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. I still only pay $30/mo. for the 6G, which is what I paid for unlimited before. My question is, if I wanted to upgrade to more than 6G, am I going to pay more than what I'm paying for my 6G now? I wouldn't make a lot of sense to pay more and get less.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Better data deal available for an ex-unlimited-data user?
Crunchyhippo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, so I called Verizon and asked about a data upgrade. I eventually got an 8G/mo. data plan for $50 - $20 more than I'm paying now for my 6G plan ($30/mo.) Adding to my 450 voice minutes-plan, I'm totaling $90/mo. for everything. What I'm paying for data is a deal only offered to me because I'm an ex-unlimited data user. It wouldn't be available to the regular Verizon subscriber. I figured I might as well grab the offer while the getting is good, since data usage is sure to only go up in the future. This isn't a multi-line plan; it's only for my single line, as my wife uses a different carrier.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

You might have gotten the Edge Maxx plan, which isnt advertised and was offered well over a year ago to unlimited data users.  You basically got an Edge phone (S4) and 6GB data for the same price you paid for unl data.  You just have to pay the phone off in 24 payments or be at 75% paid off when you edge up.  You wont get any special deals on data since you arent on a More Everything plan technically.  Like you wouldn't see the double data or $10 drop for the same amount of data like ME plan users get.  There may be more to your plan than we know.

0 Likes
Crunchyhippo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I don't want a family plan. Just me. Whatever the next step up from 6G/mo. is for just one line, I'll bet it's a huge jump up in price since I had a nice deal on the 6G to start with.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

There really is no family plan anymore.  Individual users can get More Everything and get better perks like the extra data and price reductions, plus hotspot, all these and more you cannot get on individual lines.  Since your plan isn't available anymore, you wont be able to change plans online I don't believe.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

At one point the Verizon Max plan was available to all unlimited users when upgrading to either 2yr or Edge.

What you are probably looking at it a 450 Min plan with unlimited text and 6GB data. That's the lowest you can get. That is $90 per month. I think on an individual line you can get 10GB but that would put you back up like $140 or so. So if you wanted 10GB your best bet would be to grab the ME at $80 plus $40 for the line at $120. Or for the $140 you can get 15GB.

Crunchyhippo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, so I called Verizon and asked about a data upgrade. I eventually got an 8G/mo. data plan for $50 - $20 more than I'm paying now for my 6G plan ($30/mo.) Adding to my 450 voice minutes-plan, I'm totaling $90/mo. for everything. What I'm paying for data is a deal only offered to me because I'm an ex-unlimited data user. It wouldn't be available to the regular Verizon subscriber. I figured I might as well grab the offer while the getting is good, since data usage is sure to only go up in the future. This isn't a multi-line plan; it's only for my single line, as my wife uses a different carrier.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Glad o hear that it seems to have worked out for you.

In my experience, if someone has unlimited and they are only using 2-3GB then upgrading a phone does not usually make them use more data. Meaning, if you weren't streaming music or videos with unlimited you usually don't start doing it after upgrading.

Re: Is there a better data deal available for an ex-unlimited-data user?
BuckJ

simply yes

0 Likes
Re: Is there a better data deal available for an ex-unlimited-data user?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a five year old thread that didn't have to dug up. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes