Is there a more business like interface for droid?
BREEAD49

Mostly asking a question but part rant as well.

I am using what was given to me by work but miss the intuitive single screen for email, text and calls on one screen rather than the siloed  separate apps for each individual medium. Coming from a more business like phone where all my information was front and center to the droid OS which frankly feels like a circus theme without the functionality or workflow.

Please tell me there is a skin better suited to work than what I have just been saddled.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there a more business like interface for droid?
WFRowe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Android is customizable to anyone's taste in many regards.  Prefer Blackberry apps, then use the BlackBerry apps.  Blackberry made many of their apps available for the Android Platform (please note that some require that your employer maintain their Blackberry exchange to keep the accounts secured).

Did your employer go a different route and set up a Google for Work account for everyone with your IT department?  If so, then you are relegated to the Google Suite of apps for what you are wanting g to do.  You could try to download and include Inbox by Google to combine things like appointments, calendar events, remind sets, E-mail and messages all in one app.

If neither of the two cases above fit your situation then the sky is the limit and YES, there are quite a few apps that do exactly what you are asking to do.  You would most likely have to do a little research on how to forward your E-mail to the new app and make the new app your primary app for text messages, etc...  You can also just do widgets for the things you want as an option.  Like I said, there are many different options available.  I downloaded a different launcher on my phone called Nova Launcher (small fee, like $3) and then did the option for notification counts because I personally prefer not very much to be visible on my home screen.  So there will be a counter next to my email, texts, voicemails, etc only when I have e new messages with the number of new messages and I slide down. The notification shade and tap on just one of the new message types and it opens those messages for me at that time..

There are also probably hundreds of web browsers available in the Google Play Store as well.  You are not stuck with any one browser, you choose the one you you feel best fits your needs.

I hope this information.atikn helps some.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

What were you using before? Second of all, no.

0 Likes
BREEAD49

No is all I need to understand. I am coming from a BB Z10. Though some of the browser functionality is wearing a bit thin I found the BlackBerry ease of use to be far more valuable than I has been thrust upon me with this current offering.

Sigh, no going back. :-((

0 Likes
WFRowe
Enthusiast - Level 1

Android is customizable to anyone's taste in many regards.  Prefer Blackberry apps, then use the BlackBerry apps.  Blackberry made many of their apps available for the Android Platform (please note that some require that your employer maintain their Blackberry exchange to keep the accounts secured).

Did your employer go a different route and set up a Google for Work account for everyone with your IT department?  If so, then you are relegated to the Google Suite of apps for what you are wanting g to do.  You could try to download and include Inbox by Google to combine things like appointments, calendar events, remind sets, E-mail and messages all in one app.

If neither of the two cases above fit your situation then the sky is the limit and YES, there are quite a few apps that do exactly what you are asking to do.  You would most likely have to do a little research on how to forward your E-mail to the new app and make the new app your primary app for text messages, etc...  You can also just do widgets for the things you want as an option.  Like I said, there are many different options available.  I downloaded a different launcher on my phone called Nova Launcher (small fee, like $3) and then did the option for notification counts because I personally prefer not very much to be visible on my home screen.  So there will be a counter next to my email, texts, voicemails, etc only when I have e new messages with the number of new messages and I slide down. The notification shade and tap on just one of the new message types and it opens those messages for me at that time..

There are also probably hundreds of web browsers available in the Google Play Store as well.  You are not stuck with any one browser, you choose the one you you feel best fits your needs.

I hope this information.atikn helps some.

0 Likes