Is there still "Upgrade Eligibility"?
Nunya222222222

What [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] thought you still offered an "Upgrade Eligibility"? Me I guess. $672 for an S7 when I've been with Verizon since '09? Since my S4 is 3 years old, you think no interest on the boat payment you charge for new device is a good deal? Greedy [removed]  make me sick. Justify this thievery?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is there still "Upgrade Eligibility"?
bearone21
Legend

i've been with 'em since '98(pre verizon-gte)....the payment is broken down into 24 payments, where's the interest.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

No carrier is doing contracts any longer. It ends up costing you more in the long run anyway.

Contract price-

Phone $200

Upgrade fee $40

Line access $40x24= $960

Total $1200 over 2 years

DPP Price

Phone $650

Upgrade fee $0

Line access on Verizon Plan $20

Total $1130 over 2 years

Me? I would rather save the $70. Plus you get the ability to upgrade whenever you want by paying the phone balance at any time.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

nope, when i switched to the month 2 month plan, with the note5 in december (had to, was still in contract), my new bill was within $2-3/month higher......full insurance went from $10 to $11/phone....we have 2 phones.

month 2 month gives a break on data pricing/access fees & why the bill comes out so close.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nunya222222222, I apologize for this inconvenience and we don't want you to feel this way. Our goal is for you to have the latest and greatest device available, are you having any issues with your current device?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JrGlicks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Phone prices on EVERY other carrier have come down.  So just leave Verizon and they'll get the message.  They are used to being in control, but we have some power now so switch it up.

0 Likes
JrGlicks
Enthusiast - Level 3

So why then can't I trade in my phone with Verizon because i am "ineligible" for the alleged free market you have.  I can trade in my phone with AT&T and TMobile.  I will do that.  Your website says, INELIGIBLE.  I would have traded in and bought new phone because website is easy, but you decided to get tricky tricky.  Guess what.  Tricky is not good for business.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Full retail cost is not set by the carrier.

0 Likes
JrGlicks
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well then Verizon has negotiated poorly.  Or perhaps Verizon charges more on its own website than retailers do.  Best buy I believe had lower prices.  And I know Best Buy stands by products if you don't like them whereas Verizon, good luck take a number and prepare to wait.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

JrGlicks wrote:

Phone prices on EVERY other carrier have come down.  So just leave Verizon and they'll get the message.  They are used to being in control, but we have some power now so switch it up.

Since you seem to be high on AT&T so much right now in other threads, I just went to their website and looked up a few prices. I also went to Sprint & T-Mobile sine THEY are included in that "EVERY other carrier" you have stated.

Samsung Galaxy S7

AT&T price = $695

Verizon price = $672

T-Mobile price = $680

Sprint price = $650

iPhone 6s

AT&T price = $650

Verizon price = $650

T-Mobile price = $650

Sprint price = $650

JrGlicks wrote:

Well then Verizon has negotiated poorly.  Or perhaps Verizon charges more on its own website than retailers do.  Best buy I believe had lower prices.  And I know Best Buy stands by products if you don't like them whereas Verizon, good luck take a number and prepare to wait.

Well, it appears Verizon may have negotiated more poorly than Sprint, but better than AT&T and T-Mobile.