Issues following LG G3 update to 6.0
sam23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Following an update to marshmallow, my lg g3 seems to have issues installing or updating *some* apps resulting in error code 505.  I've performed a factory reset twice today already but it doesn't seem to clear up the issue.  The first reset i used the build in system backup, the second time i didn't use any sort of backup instead downloading everything "fresh" from the Play store. The apps in question are Amazon Music (which is pre-installed and shows an update in the Play store, but won't update resulting in error code 505) and  Amazon video from the Amazon app store also resulting in error. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues following LG G3 update to 6.0
sam23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, thank you for your note.  Through my conversation with a VZ support rep over the phone just now, I learned that this specific issue is tied to a known glitch with an older version of Audible, another pre-installed program for which I had disabled.  The "fix" was to re-enable it and download the latest version.  Amazon Music Prime (and various other apps) were then able to download and install properly.  I was then able to re-disable Audible.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sam23,

Updating software on the phone should be an easy task with enhancements that will help improve the experience with your device. I am concerned to hear that was not the case with your phone but we will work to get this resolved for you.With the application in question, does it give you an option to clear the cache and data in the applications manager?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sam23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your note -- I've cleared the cache and data in the app manager.   Also did a factory reset.  No luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for the follow up sam23. We are concerned to hear that the issue is still happening but we will continue some steps for you. Have you tried updating the app while connected to WiFi to see if the same error code appears?

CandiceH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sam23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, thank you for your note.  Through my conversation with a VZ support rep over the phone just now, I learned that this specific issue is tied to a known glitch with an older version of Audible, another pre-installed program for which I had disabled.  The "fix" was to re-enable it and download the latest version.  Amazon Music Prime (and various other apps) were then able to download and install properly.  I was then able to re-disable Audible.  Hope this helps!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sam23, I am glad you were able to work with a support representative. Please keep us posted if this does do the trick. Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless.
AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes