It says my call cannot be completed as dialed when calling voicemail
johnnyr787
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi I have the Samsung Galaxy S4 and for some strange reason after getting a missed call just now I went to call my voicemail to check if I had any messages and instead I got this "Welcome to Verizon Wireless. Your call cannot be completed as dialed please hang up and try your call again later." My phone was recently at the repair shop the other week so I had activated an old phone temporarily until my phone was fixed but once I got my phone back from the repair place I reactivated my number under that phone again and I have not had any problems until just now when I went to check my voicemail. How do I fix this? Help is appreciated. Also this only happens when calling my voicemail. I have no trouble making or receiving other calls just my voicemail.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: It says my call cannot be completed as dialed when calling voicemail
B33
Legend

Yea Calling Tech support can be a Bummer sometimes if you don't have another phone you can speak with them on while they Diagnose the issue on your phone that is having the problem.. when I call tech.  I try and use my Land line, I put the Rep on speaker that way me and the Rep can communicate on the issue..

But not everyone has a Landline if you have a friend or family member that has a phone near by and can let you use it for a short time to check this issue out it might be worth the asking to use the phone..

View solution in original post

B33
Legend

Try power cycling the phone or running a system cache clear, If your old phone is still on shut it Down. as it may be causing issues with your S4..

johnnyr787
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately I just did what you suggested and nothing fixed it. My old phone was already powered off but I just removed the battery to see if maybe that would help and it didn't. I did a clear cache on my galaxy s4 but it still did not resolve the issue. The problem is I just called tech support and they said they could not help me unless I have another phone they can call me on which I do not since this is my only number.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea Calling Tech support can be a Bummer sometimes if you don't have another phone you can speak with them on while they Diagnose the issue on your phone that is having the problem.. when I call tech.  I try and use my Land line, I put the Rep on speaker that way me and the Rep can communicate on the issue..

But not everyone has a Landline if you have a friend or family member that has a phone near by and can let you use it for a short time to check this issue out it might be worth the asking to use the phone..

johnnyr787
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well the problem has been resolved. First they tried to do a reset on my voicemail because they called my voicemail and found that it was in fact working even though when I call it gives me that verizon wireless default message. But doing a reset and having me restart my phone after they hung up with me did not fix the issue. Turns out all I needed to do was dial my own phone number instead of dialing 1 like I usually do. I guess that will do so long as I can access my voicemail that was what I needed. But I appreciate the help.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey that Good Hear.Smiley Happy have a Great Friday whats left of it and Good Weekend..

0 Likes