It takes up to 18 hrs for my phone to charge fully
tstormwarning1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It takes up to 18 hrs for my phone to charge on a regular charger. Even on the turbo charger, it takes 12+ hrs. Any way to get a quicker charge?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: It takes up to 18 hrs for my phone to charge fully
Snn5
Legend

Does it take this long both with the phone powered on AND off?  If faster when off, you may have some app or hardware issues.  How long does the battery last when powered on?

0 Likes
tstormwarning1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When using the phone, it actually loses power while charging, when not in use takes hours. Discharges in roughly 12 hrs of off & on use. Trying to find what is draining it so fast to try to correct, but can not find it.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Put it in safe mode and see how long it takes to charge.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does your phone have any issues maintaining a data connection while connected to a PC? That's usually a sign of a bad USB cable and/or a bad USB port on the phone. Both of those will make Fast Charge not actually work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That does seem like it is way too long to charge a battery. Our community has jumped in and asked some great questions already, tstomwarning1.

What device are you using? Have you always had a problem charging the phone?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes