KIT KAT upgrade has decimated my Maxx HD's ability
biggmacc
Enthusiast - Level 1

KIT KAT upgrade has decimated my Maxx HD's ability to reach out to a tower and to use WIFI, both of which were not a problem before this update....I live in an area where coverage is not the best, but has always been enough to get 2 bars of 4g...........now after this poorly executed update, i have little to no coverage and have trouble getting wifi to work more than a few feet away......OK verizon,   What now??   This has made a great phone almost useless.  Please respond

Labels (1)
Re: KIT KAT upgrade has decimated my Maxx HD's ability
jaburke
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree and I would like to add a list of my issues that I have found over the past two days. All issues are also able to be duplicated on my wife's phone that is also a Droid Razr Maxx HD.

-The circles widget won't clear a text message alert over the clock circle, so you have to swipe it down everytime to get rid of the message and then the clock will reappear.

-WIFI is losing connectivity and putting the phone in a limbo state in terms of being connected. This is causing apps that depend on the network to stop updating and stopping in their tracks.

-Post upgrade, I had to redefine my ringtones and notification sounds that I wanted instead of a default selection chosen for me.

-My bluetooth would not connect to my car or my Panasonic cordless phones at home, so I had to re-register to both devices

-Battery drain has increased. I started the day with a full charge and went into work. With minimal to slightly moderate use, I was in the 30-40% range at the end of the day. Normally with this kind of usage I would be in the 60% remaining battery.

-Speaker volume seems to be lower.

Overall I like the Kitkat, but I do not like the negative implications that have accompanied this release. I think they should halt the upgrades, and provide a fixed release for people who haven't upgraded and patches for the people who have already upgraded to Kitkat. This is unacceptable to continue for much longer with this amount of negative impacting bugs.

rcschnoor
Legend

Possibly Verizon simply got tired of listening to people complain about not having the update yet and went ahead and pushed it out before it was ready. Now they will still hear people complain, but at least it will be a different complaint.

jjfields
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issue with my maxx hd- suddenly cannot connect to wifi or Bluetooth. This is my work phone. Not being able to talk on my car phone is NOT OK. Not being able to use wifo to save data and battery is NOT OK. I spent way too much on this phone BC of the long battery promise ( which was NEVER anywhere close to 48 hrs even before I was running apps) and now it won't even hold a charge for ONE day. This is clearly not a hardware issue.  VZW says to do a hard reset. NO! I had to PAY MONEY to get my hosted exchange account set up on this phone. I should not have to pay to repeat that process because of a glitchy update!!!!!!! FIX THE BUG!! DO YOU SEE HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE THE EXACT SAME COMPLAINT!? What a joke