Kit Kat Update death - Motorola Razr M
wa__er
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZW pushed Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat upgrade is giving an error message, "System UIDs Inconsistent - UIDs on the system are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable"

This is followed by an ominous button labeled "I'm Feeling Lucky"

VZW....you already bricked my old HTC phone with a pushed Android update....what now?

Customer support, if you're listening, please help me out with this.  I will NOT buy a new VZW phone or renew my contract again...you already burned me once by killing my perfectly good HTC.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kit Kat Update death - Motorola Razr M
wa__er
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you for the quick response....I found advice on a Motorola forum that I can click the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button and my device data will still be preserved...which I did, and everything seems to be there still...and so far my phone seems to be working.

Yes, I have 3rd party apps....doesn't everyone with a smart phone install 3rd party apps?  If I run into stability issues, etc....I will try the app testing process described on the Motorola forum...

I'm receving an error "System UIDs Inconsistent"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wa$$er, you have our undivided attention and we want you to know that we're listening. Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? If so, some 3rd party applications may be conflicting with the recent software update. Try uninstalling any unwanted applications and power your device off/on to soft reset it. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wa__er
Enthusiast - Level 1

thank you for the quick response....I found advice on a Motorola forum that I can click the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button and my device data will still be preserved...which I did, and everything seems to be there still...and so far my phone seems to be working.

Yes, I have 3rd party apps....doesn't everyone with a smart phone install 3rd party apps?  If I run into stability issues, etc....I will try the app testing process described on the Motorola forum...

I'm receving an error "System UIDs Inconsistent"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wa$$er, you're so very welcome. That's what we're here for. Keep us posted and let us know if you need additional assistance. We're here for you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes