Kit Kat update problem
Windsor58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the Kit Kat update today on my Motorola RAZR MAXX HD and after installing, I can't answer incoming phone calls. It rings similar to before, but nothing happens when I push the button(s) to try to answer the call!  I can make outgoing calls ok, it seems, but just can't pick up/answer incoming calls. This is a significant problem.
Can I back out the Kit Kat update and get back to a functioning phone?

Is there a patch or something that fixes this problem?

Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what is the fix?

HELP!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kit Kat update problem
Windsor58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nitzie – Thank you very much for the help. I never had to “swipe” anything before, so that didn’t even occur to me to try. And when I tried tapping the phone icon (like I always did before), the other icons disappeared, so swiping didn’t even seem like a possibility. Tested it and it works! Thanks!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Nitzie

I had the same problem and had to go to the Verizon store to have an associate have me figure it out. The simple answer is that you have to touch the phone icon in the center and when the red and green phone icons then show up on either side, SWIPE over to them. Shame on Android for changing this without any indicator of how to use it! A simple arrow or the word "swipe" would have been very helpful.

0 Likes
Windsor58
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nitzie – Thank you very much for the help. I never had to “swipe” anything before, so that didn’t even occur to me to try. And when I tried tapping the phone icon (like I always did before), the other icons disappeared, so swiping didn’t even seem like a possibility. Tested it and it works! Thanks!!

0 Likes
Nitzie

You are very welcome! I'm glad I spared you further anguish. Your reaction to this "improvement" was exactly the same as mine, so it's comforting to know that another competent adult had difficulty figuring it out!

0 Likes
Windsor58
Enthusiast - Level 2

I found out that the alarm display is similar. The screen blacks out and only one icon in the middle is displayed. No other icon to “swipe” to is displayed, but it works the same way. You have to press and hold the icon, and then swipe it. Not at all intuitively obvious. When you swipe it, it then pops up two icons equivalent to the prior “Cancel” (to the right) and “Sleep” (to the left), but with no text explaining what the two new icons mean. You just have to guess. A complete lack of user interface style consistency or logic.

Very, very poor design.

Thanks again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Windsor58, we want you to have the best wireless experience on your device! Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device? If so, some application software can conflict with the software update. Try uninstalling a few applications and power your device off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes