KitKat killing battery?
KWF1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since I downloaded the KitKat operating system in mid-May, my battery is completely useless by noon. According to the phone, the OS is using 50% of my battery and now Maps, which I rarely use, is eating up another 20%. It is now 4:30 p.m. and I have 13% of my battery left. What kind of upgrade it that? Is there a fix? I want the old operating system back, so I can actually use my phone. I've done nothing with it today but let it sit - I've made no calls, I've made no visits to social media or other sites, I certainly have not used Maps.

Any advice??

Labels (1)
Re: KitKat killing battery?
B33
Legend

Well unfortunately the system OS can't be rolled back but depending on your phone there may be an update that can help address some of the issues your seeing.. In the mean while I would just try making some adjustments like with your screen)  like time outs and brightness and you'd could try making adjustments with your apps.. as well..

And hopefully an Update will come out soon to address the battery issues your seeing..

0 Likes
Re: KitKat killing battery?
stef7
Master - Level 2

I would go through the trouble of backing everything up: photos, music, videos, other important downloaded files onto a PC - writing down important email settings, and your most important contacts, where you have placed critical icons on your home screen.

And then performing a Factory Data Reset on your device.

Go through 3 charge cycles and see if the battery run-time is better.

Above that - you can set your screen brightness to 50%, and you could set location to "Battery Saving". You could also set your phone to sync emails a little less frequently.