KitKat update has turned my phone into a brick. It won't turn on, and I can't get it to take a charge. HELP!!
TeresaL

My phone went through the Kitkat update about a week ago, and since I've ran out of battery with in 8 hours of taking it off a full charge, and now today It died, and I plugged it in, well it won't charge, and i can't get it to turn on at all. My phone is a brick right now and I really just don't understand what I can't do to fix it. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: KitKat update has turned my phone into a brick. It won't turn on, and I can't get it to take a charge. HELP!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your phone is having issues charging TeresaL. Is there any damage to your phone, charging port, or charger? Have you tried multiple chargers and outlets? What phone do you have?

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: KitKat update has turned my phone into a brick. It won't turn on, and I can't get it to take a charge. HELP!!
richard_sollenberger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't do the update. My phone did the update and the droid laid on his back with an X and now all I get is the red logo. cant do a factory reboot or get into the ap menu just red logo. IT BRICKED MY PHONE I have had it since they came out and have been all over the world with it, and never had a problem until KITKAT BRICKED IT.

Verizon only response is to send me a refurbished phone that I will have to spend weeks to get it set back up to the way that I had it.

I am not happy with the response for their screw up. I don't want a refurbished phone I want my good phone to work and they don't know how to fix it just replace that is the support. I have seen the post on the net and I am not the only person that this has happened to in the android community.

If you want a good paper weight than do the update and take the chance.

0 Likes
richard_sollenberger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well it is almost 3 weeks and I am still waiting for the replacement to the brick I now own. they have mailed it 3 times to the wrong address.

The people are nice at the store but that doesn't feed the bull dog.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@richard.sollenberger,

That's definitely not acceptable! I apologize for all these inconveniences! I definitely understand how frustrating this must be for you.

Let's take a look at what's going on. Follow me and send me a direct message so I can access your account and see where's your replacement phone.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
richard_sollenberger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well the Verizon store finally called me on Wednesday to tell me that my phone was there and I picked it up and gave them the brick.

0 Likes