Kyocera Brigadier Bricked by latest software update.
silver1887

I have a like new Kyocera brigadier that is less then a year old but unfortunately out of warranty at this time. Everything was going fine until i attempted to install the OTA software update when i was prompted to do so. After it downloaded the phone reset and will no longer boot up, it turns on flashes the kyocera flash screen, vibrates and then resets. I have contacted verizon several times and have been told that since its out of warranty the only thing i can do is buy a new phone. I am not the only one who has had this issue and i should not have to shell out another 2-400 dollars to purchase a new phone when the OTA update from my manufacturer, which was green lit by my carrier, is the reason my phone no longer works. I want to know what verizon plans to do for all of the people whose phones their update completely ruined. I have a phone to use in the mean time but i really liked my brigadier and i want it back. I have tried everything they told me and i know that with the right machine it is possible to reflash the phone but everyone at verizon just tells me that i have to buy a new phone because they are more worried about sales then actual customer satisfaction. If they continue to treat me like this i will be switching carriers as soon as i am able. Is there anyone out there who can help me? Please?

Labels (1)
0 Likes