Kyocera Dura Force Pro
RobertDan

I want to at least receive text messages in my 2012 Tuscon...I have the blue tooth connected for phone calls but the

text process does`t seem to work. My old Verizon Droid Maxx did this no problem. Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Kyocera Dura Force Pro
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RobertDan,

I know how nice it is to be able to hear a text read by your car instead of by you when on the road, as Bluetooth is a great safety feature to have with any vehicle. As for why one phone acts differently on the connection, let's look at that. With most any device, there's a list of ideal connections that might have special features or abilities as opposed to a device that isn't "ideal." I use quotations here because it does not imply that one phone is better than another, but the device (such as your Tucson) may work better with one model over another. To help with this, check out this list of phones certified to work with Hyundai Bluetooth: http://bit.ly/2wUXX5a . While the Droid Maxx is listed as a certified phone, the Kyocera is not. You can still make use of some features, like calling, but specialized ones like hearing a text will not be available on all phones. I know that might not be the answer we wanted, but I hope it helps with some clarity on why it isn't reading texts through the car.

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Kyocera Dura Force Pro
RobertDan

Thanks for this good info....yes, disappointing but I do really like the phone...would an aftermarket APP solve this problem?Thanks again

0 Likes