Kyocera DuraForce Pro will not charge
RonSwanson20
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I plugged my phone into the OEM charger this afternoon, it was at 8%.  A few hours later, after what has normally been sufficient time to fully charge it, it was down to 7%.  I've tried multiple chargers that are known to work and with multiple outlets.  I've turned it off and tried to charge it.  Nothing has worked.  It's now down to 3%.

This phone is 9 months old.  I've never had any problem charging it until today.

What else can I do here?

Labels (1)
Re: Kyocera DuraForce Pro will not charge
RonSwanson20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Additional info:  the red charging indicator is on and the animated battery shows the growing green bar, as if it is actually charging.  The percentage of charge is not going up, though.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you plugged into a wall mounted electrical receptacle or a USB port on a computer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

RonSwanson20
Enthusiast - Level 2

Multiple wall outlets.

It finally took some charge overnight, but it only went from 3% to 30% in 9 hours.  There is a system update waiting, but it refused to install it because of the low charge.

0 Likes
RonSwanson20
Enthusiast - Level 2

The charge from 3% to 30% occurred with the phone powered off, too.  Like yesterday afternoon, it seems to use as much charge as it receives when trying to charge with the phone powered on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand your concern, RonSwanson20. Please follow this troubleshooting guide, it can be helpful to correct issues like this : http://spr.ly/6589DnnvD .

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
gary198

Have the same problem. As usual, Verizon is no help

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gary198, I know how important it is to have a device that charges as it should. How long has this been happening with your device? When it started, do you remember any changes to the device?

Leonard_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JONBAR86

Trouble shooting is a joke when you are trying to hang on to every ounce of battery you have left because your phone WONT CHARGE!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Probably time to upgrade. Battery is probably shot.

0 Likes