Kyocera Duraforce Pro Poor Reception
pts1956
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anybody else have reception issues, notably can hear other people but they can't hear you? I cannot get a good signal at home where I previously had no problems. In fact, my wife still has her older version Kyocera which is the same model as my previous one and it still works fine. My mother lives with us and has a cheap flip phone and she has no problems either.

This is not limited to my home. I have the same problem in other locations far from home...my wife's phone works but mine doesn't.

This is particularly frustrating as I am only 17% paid off on this device and this has been a problem since day one. I get nothing but standard blah-blah-blah from both Verizon and Kyocera to the tune of there must be a signal strength problem, etc..which is total bull as the old phone did work, and still works, without issues.

Coincidentally, I have had a bad experience with the male micro USB charge/data tabs breaking off (flimsy?). As a result, I am currently on my second replacement phone; ie: I have now had three (3) phones, ALL with the same can't hear me problem.

I'm actually looking at purchasing a signal booster..aarrrgghhh!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Kyocera Duraforce Pro Poor Reception
SERVICEONSITE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue. Though we too bought a signal booster (network extender) also now has a mini tower. Did not help at all. In fact, the issue is much worse.

SERVICEONSITE
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZ guaranteed me this phone was for me. Diesel Mechanic working in an adverse environment. Phone is not perfect. Worse phone I have ever owned.

Someone at VZ need to address/correct this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pts1956, we want to make sure that your issue is properly reviewed and we locate proper resolution for your concerns with service on your Kyocrea Duraforce PRO. What ZIP Code are you located in? You mentioned that you experience the same problem in other locations, are these locations mainly located indoors or does this issue persist both indoors and outdoors?

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your device works how you need it, SERVICEONSITE.  I do have a few questions if you don't mind.  What is the Zip code or where are you experiencing this.  You also mentioned that you have a Network Extender, do you know which model Network Extender you have?  I only ask because depending on the model, sometimes turning Advanced Calling off or on can make a difference.

AdamB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
whitcher

I have also had reception problems with my Kyocera Dura Force Ultra Pro2.  I got the signal booster and this did not help.

I have had many, many tech support calls about this device.  It got so bad I had to use my land line to return calls because my customers got so angry about the poor reception.  I resolved the problem, sort of, by  going back to my old Motorola Droid phone.  I have to give Verizon a negative 10 rating for this experience. Try as they could they have been unable to solve my reception problem.

I suppose I'll have to try a different carrier.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello whitcher, we're concerned to learn about your experience with the Kyocera Duraforce Pro, and we'd love to help. We know the importance of having a great reception, and we're here for you. Please send us a private note to better assist. ~Baldo

0 Likes