Kyocera Duraforce Pro Update Problem
Smorkle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yesterday I woke up to my phone telling me that it is currently downloading an update. I thought nothing about it and went on about my day. Mid morning I went to use my phone and it was hot to the touch and it still said it was downloading an update. Battery at about 60%. By lunch battery was at 35% and still downloading update. I borrowed a charger and left it on the customer's counter while I was working. After work, it still had not downloaded the update and the status bar still looks like 0%.

I went to settings and searched for an update, nothing changed. It says that at 10:43pm on 6/20 an update failed. Error 555. I rebooted the phone, same thing. Soft rebooted the phone, same thing. I put it in airplane mode and it still says it's downloading even without the WiFi turned on. I put it in airplane mode and rebooted the phone with WiFi off and it STILL says it's trying to download the update. I only have 16.9gb of my 32gb used. Don't think it's a space issue.

I just want to stop the thing from draining my battery. There was never a popup that said I had an update and did I want to install now or wait til I was connected to WiFi or whatever. I just woke up to the phone in broke mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Kyocera Duraforce Pro Update Problem
Smorkle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I fixed my problem. I cleared my cache partition and everything worked out.

Found this forum entry with a link to t-mobile that explains it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/840940-kyocera-duraforce-pro-system-update-stuck-0-an...

View solution in original post

Re: Kyocera Duraforce Pro Update Problem
Smorkle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I fixed my problem. I cleared my cache partition and everything worked out.

Found this forum entry with a link to t-mobile that explains it.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/840940-kyocera-duraforce-pro-system-update-stuck-0-an...