Kyrocera Dura Force Pro 2 no wifi after Verizon update 19
brian734
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had a Kyrocera Dura Force Pro 2 for a little over a year.  I've no no problems.  I installed Verizon update #19 on the phone.  I now cannot connect to wifi.  I can see wifi connections but they will not connect.  When I hit connect nothing happens, and the wifi doesn't connect.  I did a hard reset, still no wifi.  I then thought it was the hardware was going bad. 

I bought another Kyrocera Dura Force Pro 2, which arrived yesterday.  Set up with no problem , wifi connected, no issues.  I get the notification in install update 19.  I install update 19......no wifi...same problem it see's networks but will not connect.  Does not notify me "cannot connect".

I understand there is no way roll back verizon updates.

Has anybody had this problem and is there a remedy?

Re: Kyrocera Dura Force Pro 2 no wifi after Verizon update 19
RBJRJR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here. Tried multiple networks without success. Phone will not save a password and does not log on to a network. Followed all of the swell Verizon troubleshooting advice without success. Sure would be nice to speak with a human, but Verizon has this wonderful on-line setup that some knucklehead thought would work. How many capable human technicians did this in-capable system replace?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing such detailed information. The Kyrocera Dura Force Pro 2 is a very dependable and sturdy device. We apologize for the inconvenience you're experiencing as a result of not being able to connect to a Wi-Fi signal. However, we're happy to hear that the most recent device you received, resulted in you being able to access a Wi-Fi connection.

We've also noted your reference about the most recent software version for your Kyocera device. Software updates are intended to enhance the performance of any device, not cause its user to be inconvenience. We apologize. Can you share more info about the notification messages you're receiving? In the meantime, we'd like to share information about the process to update your device's software by visiting our website at http://spr.ly/6603yVJLJ. Please keep our team updated. Thanks -

RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
brian734
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not receiving any notification messages.  When I scan for a wifi connection it finds several.  I attempt to connect to a wifi connection, and there is a blue bar just above the connection box, like it is connecting.  This last for about a second and then nothing.  The Wifi symbol never appears and it does not show a connection with the router.  

0 Likes
RBJRJR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Robert:

Clearly I am not the only customer suffering from this 'update'.

What specifically is the solution to our problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RBJRJR, thank you so much for reaching out. For testing, have you been able to place the phone into Safe Mode to see if you can connect to a Wi-Fi Network https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-222031/

0 Likes
RBJRJR
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks for your efforts.

Operating in safe mode did not work.

The only recent change to the phone was the Verizon/Kyocera software "upgrade".

Now what ?

brian734
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no solution.  Kyocera emailed me and I explained the issue to them.  They said that they would start to look into it.   From what I'm seeing it's a software issue involving the security update, which you can't roll back.  Hopefully either Verizon or Kyocera will be able to come out and actually acknowledge the problem.

0 Likes
redrum_

Having a very similar issue. However I can connect to WiFi networks, but not my home WiFi. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to  connect to your own Home Wi-Fi is  mandatory.  I use  my own Wi-Fi at home, so I  can  imagine how stressful that must be.  Let's get to the bottom  of this. Are other phones/devices able to connect to your home Wi-Fi?  When  did this issue first start?

0 Likes