LG ALLY update to 2.2
akaufman

i absolutely hate the new update to 2.2 for my LG Ally... you either have to be on vibrate or silent as your lowest option, you cant keep going back and forth. to change, you have to go into your settings, which makes it such a pain if i wanted to put my phone on silent real quick. also, the SMS screen is huge, i liked it when it was smaller and black. there used to be a white flash when i would receive an SMS text or a voice-mail, and a green flash when i would receive an e-mail... now, it has a green flash for everything and its so annoying.

is there ANY way to go back to the old software??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG ALLY update to 2.2
demiann

Most times when you install new software on any device, you need to do a system restore to make the new software run. This is going to be the 1st thing I do tomorrow when I get my new Ally. There are other threads that tell you how to go about this. It's kinda like when you install a new program on your computer, you always have to restart it for the changes to take effect. Same principle.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

akaufman wrote:

is there ANY way to go back to the old software??

No.

Sorry.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DJS727

I agree.

I HATE the SMS background...the text seems bigger which I hate, and I also hate the light background. So much better when the background was black and smaller font was used. The white LED light has disappeared, the only time you see it is when your phone is charging and you receive a text, other than that its a green LED now. When I receive an email notification my LED light is a blue/purple, of course thats from Yahoo.

0 Likes