Re: LG Ally 2.1 Update starts Fri 9/17/10
matchbook21

Negative FOR ME

Preloaded apps- City ID is a monthly subscription and I wish it wasnt forced on me ( the app, not the monthly fee.)

Skype Mobile- I dont want it...I just use google talk.

Corporate Directory- Don't want it either.

Com2US Homerun Battle 3d Now does NOT work. Really LG and Verizon?? My paid apps cant work on your new system??

The Android Home theme is slower, but the LG Home theme is quicker.

History Eraser doesnt work anymore.

You Tube widget says it wont connect.

Positive FOR ME

Faster scrolling, home screen and photo gallery

Battery Life seems better. Worth the update in itself.

Browser seems quicker. Maybe its just me being hopeful.

In conclusion.

If you don't mind a few preloaded apps,  It's a fine update.

*****UPDATE*****

Uninstall and reinstalling History Eraser and Homerun Battle 3D made them work.

One less negative on the list for the update!

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

Halainn317 wrote:

Does anyone know when the update is supposed to be complete by? I know this probably sounds dumb but I'm wondering if we are all getting it or just a select few, as I haven't gotten anything yet. And if we are all getting it will it be quick or will I end up waiting a month for it?

It should be completed by FRIDAY the 24th of Sept...  I haven't seen it yet, here in the Midwest, I'm getting impatient.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
cfd3rd

Got my update today (09/21/10).  Since the update I have lost the ability to use 4 of my most used apps.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  After doing this they work until I turn off then on the phone.  Then all 4 apps will not work.  2 of the apps were paid for and I contacted the developers.  They were no help.  I lost the data in one of the apps.  I'm not too happy with this update.  Everything was working fine prior.  Now what, the money paid for those apps are gone along with the hours of info and data I put into it?

0 Likes
Harley_Chick
Enthusiast - Level 1

LG_Pro wrote:

Halainn317 wrote:

Does anyone know when the update is supposed to be complete by? I know this probably sounds dumb but I'm wondering if we are all getting it or just a select few, as I haven't gotten anything yet. And if we are all getting it will it be quick or will I end up waiting a month for it?

It should be completed by FRIDAY the 24th of Sept...  I haven't seen it yet, here in the Midwest, I'm getting impatient.  Smiley Happy

LG_Pro - YOU'RE impatient?  Can you imagine how the rest of us feel?  Ohio here, nothing yet.

"if you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning..."

0 Likes
franchescadaye

I'm here in Texas and I haven't seen it yet either 

0 Likes
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

I blew my last post sorry..

Let me redeem myself

Got the update wed @ 2:14 am pst. It took 7 minutes.

Exchange Sync added.. looks nice

City Id added. 15 day free trial

New phone lock setting. It is very nice. Unlock code is 0000 and a alpha numeric code of your choice is then required.

LG Home theme uses less memory than Android Home.

My over all memory remained the same.

And my only causality is tv.com no longer works.

0 Likes
Harley_Chick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ohio here, still nothing. 

0 Likes
Halainn317

New York - not a darn thing.

0 Likes
Virginia757

I should be able to delete any APP - I did not want SKYPE - it starts for no reason and eats battery life - that's why I deleted it before.....I do not want CityID and I do not want a corporate directory - we should be able to OPT OUT of these items and uninstall them - VERIZON - get on the ball and accomplish this.....we do not want unwanted/uneeded items on the phones WE are paying for

0 Likes
franchescadaye

Checked updates this am and it says it is downloading, but I got no notification. I am still getting calls ....is this normal?

0 Likes