Re: LG Ally Android 2.2 Update
jwn2010

I specifically bought the Ally because a Verizon rep told me that it had Flash  now what?

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

jwn2010 wrote:

I specifically bought the Ally because a Verizon rep told me that it had Flash  now what?

Return it within 30 days under the Worry Free Guarentee for a different model that DOES have Flash capability, or wait and hope that the Ally will get full Flash capability when it is upgraded to Froyo.

0 Likes
crzy4u2
Will the upgrade allow me to use Adobe Flash?
0 Likes
awesomedancer1

wait when does it come out? i have the ally 2.1 as of december 5th..is there a manual froyo 2.2 install?

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

At this time there is no information regarding the update available. You will be notified on your device if the update becomes available. Any manual install that is not sent out by Verizon Wireless will void your warranty.

0 Likes
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

I'm not much of a tech person, and I'm still waiting to be proved wrong, but my senses are telling me it's not gonna happen, even as much as I'd like to have 2.2 I started breathing after having the Ally less than a month, as I had been holding my breath for it.

0 Likes
wish82

It doesn't matter if our phones get 2.2 or not Flash won't work because the ally has an arm 6 version processor. Flash 10 was writen for arm7 and above processors.

0 Likes
engineer1

This was just put on the LG forums over the weekend.  It appears they are officially going to upgrade the ally to 2.2.

Sorry for the silence I was asked to hold off on commenting until we had an OFFICIAL Update....  Here it is...

“A Froyo OS upgrade, will be available to all LG Ally handset users in February, 2011.”

I don't have any information beyond the official statement, but I'll try to answer whatever questions you have. 

0 Likes
cheshirecat

if anyone wants to keep up to date with that here's where it came from:

http://www.lgforum.com/forum/boards/carriers/verizon/topics/android-2-dot-2-for-ally?page=19

Look for user LGProductPro, moderator.

I wish it would come sooner though.

0 Likes