Re: LG Ally Android 2.2 Update
bearx16
Contributor - Level 1

According to the conversation I had, via internet chat, with an LG Rep.  the Ally will more than likely  not get 2.2.  The Rep. felt like the Ally processor would not handle 2.2.

I sure hope someone is out there to prove the rep. and me wrong also.  It is just MO that LG was stirring the ANDROID water with the Ally and that to get 2.2 on an LG phone one is going to have to wait for a phone update (new phone) with HW that will handle 2.2.

Again, I hope I am wrong as I want 2.2 w/flash.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i really don't believe the ally will get 2.2. the early rumors were that it may not even come with 2.1 and i believe it may be the only droid with 2.1 that does not have a 1 ghz processor (maybe the eris as well...don't know what processor it runs?). it was good news when they released it with 2.1 but i think 2.2 may be pushing a processor that is just over half the speed of all of the other droids that came out this summer a bit too much? not sure...but i wouldn't hold my breath. if it does get it though, it will be a while. it's going to the moto's then the htc's. i would enjoy your ally with 2.1 and if you ever get 2.2.....BONUS!!!

0 Likes
tfch8184

My friends husband has the Motorola Droid and he just got his update on Wed....Ugh so jealous Im ready for the Ally to get it especially since alot of apps I like now are all saying 'able to save on sd card'...

0 Likes
giametti

The LG representative on the LG community forum posted that LG WILL update the Ally to 2.2.

Here's a link to the thread. (LGProductPro is the screen name for the LG rep)

<http://www.lgcommunity.com/forums/afv/topic/aff/6/aft/6286/afpg/14.aspx>

0 Likes
Harley_Chick
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for posting the link.  I've been seeing this same information for a couple of weeks now, and have no reason not to believe it despite what some people have posted here.  I will admit, however, that my patience has been sorely tested by seeing everyone else get the 2.2 before the Ally does!  I just don't understand why the Ally seems to get so little respect - its the Rodney Dangerfield of Android phones!  I love my Ally and really wouldn't change to another phone right now for anything. 

"if you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning...."

0 Likes
mrcolley

The Moto Droid has a 550MHz CPU. I believe it does have a dedicated GPU though.

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

giametti wrote:

The LG representative on the LG community forum posted that LG WILL update the Ally to 2.2.

Here's a link to the thread. (LGProductPro is the screen name for the LG rep)

<http://www.lgcommunity.com/forums/afv/topic/aff/6/aft/6286/afpg/14.aspx>

I feel your pain, besides my "Day" job I am a user as well and I'm dieing to get my hands on the 2.2 update...  Right now, unfortunately, I don't have any additional information.  It is being worked on and I'm keeping my ears open for information I can find...

I'll keep everyone one posted when I get more news.  Thanks for your patience.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

mrcolley...you're correct. and it's the obvious example. i spaced it...lol. if the original moto can handle it (even w/dedicated gpu). maybe the ally will get it. however...if you go to the moto droid or general android questions forum, it looks like the update is killing the battery on the moto and causing severe lagging issues. not sure i'd want the update if it was going to do this to my device. i wish vzn would just tell us all. i have the htc inc and i know i'll get 2.2, but who knows when?

0 Likes
Harley_Chick
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, anything new on the Ally getting the 2.2 update?  I've been scanning the tech news and haven't heard anything new in about a week. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Harley_Chick wrote:

So, anything new on the Ally getting the 2.2 update?  I've been scanning the tech news and haven't heard anything new in about a week. 

I found this article that was posted on August 8--->LG Ally 2.2 Update

0 Likes