LG Ally - Not staying on WiFi
tlatpeace

I have a LG Ally. When I first got it - it would stay connected to the wireless internet here in my house. Now in the WiFi settings it is constantly going from Connected to Searching for WiFi. ARGH!!!

I don't know if it was something that I downloaded on it that is now messing with it. Or if there was an update that I was supposed to get that is missing.

Any Ideas???

Thanks for the help!

Terry Lynne

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally - Not staying on WiFi
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1

Does anything else in your home use to same WIFI? I started having a similar problem with my DINC2 and it turned out to be my router. All other systems on my network worked fine except my phone.  A firmware update on the router and all is better. 

0 Likes
tlatpeace

Yes, my laptop that I am using. It gets on it just fine.

What is also frustrating is that my phone goes from seeking WiFi to not seeking it. I realized that after I posted. Which is also probably part of the problem!

0 Likes
Suburban78
Contributor - Level 1

That's normal, its to save power. If the phone was always searching for WIFI it would drain the battery to fast. Have you installed ant new apps around the time of this problem starting? Have you factory reset lately? 

0 Likes
tlatpeace

Thanks for the help! I figured out what the problem was - and no it wasn't normal. It wasn't even staying on 3G! I had downloaded a "Battery Saver App".  As soon as I deleted the App - and restarted the phone - everything worked right again!

So thanks for mentioning the new app! :smileyhappy:

Thanks!!

0 Likes