LG Ally issue with ringtones!?
kristie7901

I downloaded a ringtone and I put it as my default ringtone for all calls. Now when someone calls me there is no sound at all?? No matter what ringtone or sound I use my phone never rings when someone calls me. Anyone having this problem and what am I doing wrong?? I've called tech support and been to the store twice today! And they can't figure it out either! Help!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally issue with ringtones!?
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

forgive the dumb question. You do have the ringer volume of your phone up?

also under settings, sound and displays there is a box for silent mode. But that will check and uncheck as you adjust your volume side buttons.

You have ringer volume and make sure your phone isn't in airplane mode.

Those are my thoughts...

good luck

0 Likes
tetsuo0073

I had the same problem. Something is wrong when you download them to your phone from vzw website. They don't have a sound. It is also difficult to delete them. There is no  option to delete when you go into sounds.Like pulling teeth trying to figure it out. It took all day trying to find the solution to delete them as they duplicated on my phone. A glitch if you ask me. If you have multiply ringtones that you downloaded and need to get rid of, here is how. It worked for me finally.

• Press the menu button.
  • Touch Settings.
  • Touch Applications.
  • Touch Manage Applications.
  • Touch the menu button.
  • Touch Filter.
  • Touch All.
  • Scroll down and touch DRM Protected Content Storage.
  • Touch Clear Data.

Make sure you get your refund from vzw, and download the music using the applications on your phone. Someone told me not to use DRM music.

0 Likes
MariamA28

When you hit clear data, is it just clearing newly added ringtones that don't work?   I have the multiple issue as well but have since created good ringtones.

0 Likes
ecugirll

I have exactly the same issue.  I sent 2 ringtones to my phone and don't get sound from either.  I downloaded one directly from my phone and it works.  I would also love to have an answer!

0 Likes