LG Ally keeps remounting microSD card
asdf

I have been using LG Ally for 2 months. My phone frequently says "SD card is unexpectedly unmounted," and then "preparing SD card."  I see the messages 3-4 times a day. Sometimes it says "damaged SD card." I formatted the SD card but it did not help. I replaced the SD card, but that was also ineffective. Is there anyone who has similar problems or solutions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally keeps remounting microSD card
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

asdf wrote:

I have been using LG Ally for 2 months. My phone frequently says "SD card is unexpectedly unmounted," and then "preparing SD card."  I see the messages 3-4 times a day. Sometimes it says "damaged SD card." I formatted the SD card but it did not help. I replaced the SD card, but that was also ineffective. Is there anyone who has similar problems or solutions?

I have seen this before, it's not common but unfortunately it happens...  You have done everything right so far...  I think at this point you have a bad Ally...  The only other thing I would have you try before contacting support is to do a Master Reset on the phone.  Make sure your information is all backed up before you do anything drastic like this, or even returning the phone for support. 

If the reset doesn't work, then I would either contact Customer Service at Verizon or LG (800) 793-8896

Let me know what happens.

0 Likes
meyerchick

I do like this phone, but mine is having the same problem.  I've only had my phone for 2 months, and I went to a Verizon store a few weeks ago and they did a "factory re-set" of my phone.  It was fine for a couple weeks, then yesterday, it started happening all over again.  So, last night I did another factory re-set myself, then just this afternoon it started again!  It happens when I try to view my photos (and right now I only have 3).  I really don't have a bunch of information, I rarely use the internet, just my work email.  So, I don't know what else to do.  I've lost my ringtones, pictures... very annoying.  Help!

0 Likes
asdf

Factory reset worked for a few days, then started to remount sd card, as meyerchick said. Do you have any idea what would be the solutions from VZW or LGE?

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

meyerchick wrote:

I do like this phone, but mine is having the same problem.  I've only had my phone for 2 months, and I went to a Verizon store a few weeks ago and they did a "factory re-set" of my phone.  It was fine for a couple weeks, then yesterday, it started happening all over again.  So, last night I did another factory re-set myself, then just this afternoon it started again!  It happens when I try to view my photos (and right now I only have 3).  I really don't have a bunch of information, I rarely use the internet, just my work email.  So, I don't know what else to do.  I've lost my ringtones, pictures... very annoying.  Help!

That is frustrating...  For some reason the Ally is having problems reading the MicroSD card..  Other symptoms might be a random message that the Card has been "Unexpectedly Removed" followed by the "MicroSD Card is being prepared for use" which means the Ally has lost track of the MicroSD and then realized the card was there...

Is this the same MicroSD card that came with the Ally? 

The first thing I would try would be to Reformat the Card.  You can do this in the phone, BUT you will loose all of the Photos and Ringtones you have on the card... So make sure you back it up first before proceeding.

0 Likes
MikeCindy

Mike and I have just recently upgraded to the Ally. I just started having this problem with the SD card today. I took out and put back the battery and that seemed to fix it for now.  My SD card is reading fine in other sources so it is not the card.  My phone wasn't recognizing the SD card at all.

0 Likes
cheshirecat

I've also had this problem. I've tried reformatting the card and even got a different one. Made no difference, the problem still occurs. It not major so usually I just ignore it. It goes away in about a second anyways, but if someone can find a fix that would also be nice.

0 Likes