LG Ally phone storage capacity problems
rsvpLGALLY
Enthusiast - Level 2

1) I have a LG Ally phone and am having storage capacity problems. Backup Asst has only sent about a third of my contacts to the Verizon Cloud, and although it syncs daily, apparently hasn't reported a new contact to the Cloud since 2013.  How can I get BA to report all of my contacts to the Cloud so I can delete older contacts from the internal phone storage, knowing that they are in the BA and/or Cloud database (one in the same??)?  I've exported my contacts to the SD Card just in case, but don't know how to get them from the SD Card into the Cloud.  Tried Tech Supt but I guess the phone is too old to get help for it....sigh...

2)  I also have too many apps on the phone that I didn't download and don't need which are taking up valuable internal storage space -- I guess the system automatically loaded them.  Why can't I uninstall them in Manage Applications (they are greyed out) --that's where all my internal storage is getting chewed up!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Ally phone storage capacity problems
pherson
Champion - Level 1

This is an extremely old device.

Support and help on it will be extremely limited; and the apps that are grayed out are apps that were reinstalled and that you couldn't remove. Basically? It's time for a new phone that offers more storage and greater oppurtunities.

0 Likes
rsvpLGALLY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks -- I've only kept it because it is small and light enough for my

arthritic hands to comfortably grip while using the slide out keyboard to

type. Still waiting for Verizon to offer a suitable replacement phone!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

i hear your point but it's up to the manufacturers to offer a device as such. You can look on eBay, swappa.com or other 3rd party sites for a newer slider smartphone or even check out the new blackberry Priv which runs android. Hope it helps.

0 Likes
rsvpLGALLY
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will do! Thanks much!